Tidal and Local music keeps stopping (Sonos endpoints)

Sorry for the delay Eric. I have copied some music to the local machine and will play it this afternoon. I have set up a watch folder without, to be honest, having any idea what it is ! I will be gardening this afternoon and will leave about 2 hours worth of music playing.

1 Like

As you will see Roon stopped halfway through the first album. I had even turned the NAS off to make sure it wasnā€™t interfering in any way !

1 Like

Thanks for reaching out to me @Dick_Cooper and sharing the observations you made during the proposed test. The insight is very appreciated!

As mentioned in my previous, the extra debugging was active on your account and based on the diagnostics report that we have received I can see from the log traces that the adjustment took, so I am going to be updating your ticket and passing back over to our techs for review.

Additionally, I wanted to see if you could recall the name of the album that stopped halfway through playback so I can add that to your ticket as well. Having that information will help expedite the log analysis.

-Eric

The album that stopped was Acoustic Ladyland - Camouflage.

1 Like

Thanks @Dick_Cooper!

-Eric

I have heard nothing from you, so I assume there has been no progress. Is there anything I can do to help ?

I thought/hoped that build 300 might have improved things. Unfortunately not.

Hi @Dick_Cooper ---- Thank you for your patience and my apologies for the slow response.

To offer a quick update, this issue has been with our tech team who have been vigorously trying to reproduce this issue in our QA lab so we can have a better understanding of what could potentially be causing this behavior to occur. This has been quite the challenge for the team as our attempts to reproduce the problem in house have had mixed/varying results. As you are aware, in order for us to address the issue we must first be able to replicate it.

Part of the challenges we are facing stem from the fact that everyone has a different network configuration with a varying amount of devices being implemented (routers, switches, powerline adaptors, etc). So pinpointing the variable(s) that could be influencing the performance of our Sonos integration has been quite arduous. Our plan is to set up some field testing in an environment where the issue can easily be replicated.

-Eric

You are very welcome to stay with me here in France and check the system. I can offer you accommodation in what is the gastronomic centre of northern France, including one of only 2 Michelin 2-star restaurants north of Paris. It is about 2 hours from Paris, depending on your airport. See www.cooper363.fr for my house. I appreciate that this would be an expensive, although enjoyable, fact-finding trip, but I also know that you have a number of calls on this issue. I, for one, will not be continuing to subscribe unless the issue is resolved, so maybe it makes business sense to come over and see me.

1 Like

Having read loads of posts on this Roon/Sonos issue I am now trying something different: I have told Sonos to use the Wifi from my router, not the Sonos WiFi. I will let you know how we get on. Eric: you will, I believe, be able to see the log from this afternoon (March 2, starting at about 1320.)

Unfortunately the change of WiFi made no difference. I will go back to Sonos WiFi but try changing channels

Hi @Dick_Cooper ---- Thank you for the very kind and gracious offer, your home looks beautiful. We have a contact here on the east coast who we will be coordinating with.

I have re-enabled diagnostics on your account so we can check the time stamp mentioned in your last post. Once our field testing has started I will be sure to keep you updated on our progress.

-Eric

:grinning:I am right now trying something that seems to be working. My thinking is that something happens to the Sonos endpoints that confuses Roon. What I have done is this:

Disable the router feature that allows it to choose its own wifi channel
Set the router and Sonos to the same channel (11 but I donā€™t suppose it matters)

I live in the country, and there is no other wifi visible than mine. I imagine if you were in a busy wifi area you would want to choose another channel.

I do not have the knowledge to assess the plausibility of this solution, but I would welcome an expert opinion. My amateur take on it is that if the router decides to switch channels that momentarily upsets the Sonos kit, leading to Roon losing control.:frowning_face:: Anyone suffering the same problem might want to try it. Of course I will not know for sure until Roon has been playing for an infinite length of time, but it seems to be stable right now. Watch this space!

By the way, I am shuffling a particular artist so that Roon is switching between my own NAS storage and Tidal.

:confounded: It didnā€™t work. After a good long run the old problem reappeared.

Trying a new combination:

I have disabled the router feature that allows it to choose its own channel AND
I have set Sonos to run on the router WiFi, not Sonos WiFi

Fingers crossed.Started 1345

This didnā€™t work either.

I am trying again just in case 306 has improved things.Started about 1540 on March 9

Roon still does not work. I am giving up using it until you have a solution. I do not think I will be re-subscribing. What a shame.

Hey Dick,

Letā€™s flag @Eric here to check if thereā€™s an update for you.

I will be trying build 310 this afternoon just in case ā€¦ I will let you know how it goes