Tidal Connection broken, Metadata Improver: Halted [Resolved - Bad Ethernet cable]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel NUC

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Connected over Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

iFi Zen DAC

Description Of Issue

Since a few days, there’s a wheel running in the upper right corner of my Roon endpoint. Clicking on it gives me this information:
Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-02 um 15.22.14

Also, I cannot access anything in Tidal except the stuff that has been added to my library. For instance, if I search for Patricia Barber, I get two albums that are in my Library, but nothing else. When I open the Tidal App on the same Mac the Endpoint is running on, everything in Tidal works perfectly well.

I tried so far:
Restarting the server
Reinstalling ROCK and restoring from a recent Backup
Deleting the Roon Cache

Nothing helped.

The malfunction came without any reason, I didn’t change anything in my system.

Please help!

1 Like

Restarted the network equipment router model switches etc?

Yes, I restarted the Router, the Switch and everything else, like the Mac, iPads and iPhone. Just anything that could be involved. No change. What I forgot to mention in my post is, Tidal also doesn’t show any albums under What’s New and everywhere else. The Tidal app works, so the problem must be somewhere within Roon.

1 Like

Hi @Guenter_Borgemeister,

Can you provide some details on your networking setup? What router is in use? Any other networking gear?

Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link? Thanks!

Here is the link to the log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n1ktrbdst6us94v/support_12eec3b9-d15e-4926-b244-7a1b6ffcc60a_3206E306-2366-4DF3-BF6D-E869A2721B08.tgz?dl=0

I use a Telekom Router Speedport Hybrid and a normal ethernet switch, which are most certainly not the problem, because I can use my MacBookPro as Roonserver without any problem whatsoever with the same router and switch.

Meanwhile, the Tidal-Albums have returned, but I still have that spinning wheel and this message:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-04 um 18.18.01

Problem solved. It turned out, a bad ethernet-cable caused all of that. I changed the cable for a new high quality one and everything returned to normal. I recently added a mains cable for some other gear that ran close to the ethernet cable for 2 meters, that probably induced enough distortion into the ethernet cable to fool Roon to those symptoms. I now remembered that this was around the time when the problems started. Strange things happen …
Thanks for your efforts anyway!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.