Tidal dropping songs midway

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Many songs from Tidal drop midway. I have no problems if I use BlueOS instead. Going to have to cancel if not resolved. Please advise.

Hi @John_Fidel,

In order for Roon’s @support team to offer you the best advice can you edit your post and complete the missing sections.

Could you also describe what troubleshooting steps you have taken, such rebooting the Roon Core device and network router.

(If you’ve not done so these would be the first steps I would recommend).

1 Like

At the expense of sounding like a broken record, this sounds very much like a network issue…

The OP states that streaming from Tidal through BluOS works but not through Roon. Does not appear to be network though the OP is scant on details regarding WiFi, ethernet etc.

It does. Streaming fine through BluOS with Tidal or Qobuz, but stuttering or stopping with Roon RAAT is indicative of a network issue. Roon RAAT works differently - it has much higher peak demand (albeit for shorter periods) than streaming directly via other methods.

Without any info about network setup, however, it’s impossible to help.

2 Likes

Hey @John_Fidel we appreciate you reaching out to Community about this - we’re happy to help in any way that we can.

I see that you received some helpful advice from some wonderful individuals already. We’re hoping that since you haven’t replied, the issue was taken care of?

If not, would you mind sharing more about your current setup?

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.