Tidal - "Error loading page" "Please check your network connection"

Roon Core Machine

Lenovo W700 Notebook. CPU is Intel Core 2 Quad, Q9000, 2.00 GHz. 8 GB RAM, Windows 10 64-bit Build 19043.1165.
Hard drive is a SSD - Intel 520-Series; Model SSDSC2CW180A3 - c:\ status is 39.0 GB Free of 166 GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Modem: Intel Surfboard SB6141
Router: ASUS RT-AC68U / ACT1900
Switch: Netgear GS116 Gigabit Router
NAS: Synology DS212 (Music library/files are stored on this device.)

Connected Audio Devices

Roon Server (Lenovo W700) is connected via Ethernet cable
Music Server (Synology D212) is connected via Ethernet cable
Roon Endpoint ( Allo RPi) is connected via Ethernet Cable. A/V processor is connected via digital audio coax
Roon Controller (Samsung SM-T377A Android (ver 6.0.1) Tablet) is connected via WiFi 2.4 GHz

Library Size

~12,000 tracks on local NAS
Tidal library

Description of Issue

Roon Controller application (both the Samsung Tablet and PC Workstation) is not able to connect to Tidal (A Red box displays indicating “Error loading page” “Please check your network connection”.)

The Roon Controller application indicates that it is logged onto my Tidal account (settings / services / Tidal / status = “Successfully logged in”.

The Samsung Tablet / Roon Controller does connect to Tidal and plays music locally via the internet browser.
The Samsung Tablet / Roon Controller does find the local Music library (on the Synology NAS) and plays on the Roon Endpoint (Allo RPi).
The Roon Server (Lenovo W700) does find the local Music library (on the Synology NAS) and connects to the Tidal website and plays music via the internal speakers.

Since this issue appeared, I have also installed the Roon Controller software on my Windows PC / Workstation - Custom Built - . AMD Ryzen 9 3950X. I am seeing the same Tidal connection issue on this machine.

I reviewed a "Your Topic is similar to… I have rebooted all devices (including Router and Roon Server)

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

A post was split to a new topic: Error loading page for Tidal content

Hi @Bob_Goppold, thanks for reaching out!

One thing I notice is that your Core isn’t quite up to our recommendations. It’s hard to say for sure if that’s the cause of what you’re seeing here, but for optimal performance, I definitely recommend you use a Core that meets the guidelines in our Help Center.

I’d also recommend trying to change the DNS that your router is using — A lot of times that can help with Tidal performance.

1 Like