Tidal favorite tracks no longer favorites (hearted) on Roon

All of my tracks that I favorited that are Tidal tracks are not longer shown as favorites on Roon. They are no longer “hearted” in Roon. Any way to fix that?

Thanks!

Did you favourite these tracks in TIDAL or Roon?

TIDAL favourite ≠ Roon favourite
TIDAL favourite ≡ add to Roon library

They were favorited in Roon. I realized after posting that the problem was triggered by generating a new Tidal account. When I switched to the new Tidal account in Roon, it recognizes/imports the Tidal albums, but doesn’t reestablish the favorite status of the tracks. Is there some way to force that?

I still have access to my old Tidal account, and when I load that in Roon, it recognizes my Roon favorites that are Tidal tracks. I’d just like to figure out a way to make Roon recognize Roon favorites in my new Tidal account.

Thanks for helping!

1 Like

Glad you sorted this. Checkout Soundiiz; you should be able to transfer albums/ tracks/ favourites from one account to another.

1 Like

Hi @RoSko,

Just to verify here:

• This is a different TIDAL account than was originally used
  • The TIDAL favorites are the same on both TIDAL accounts
  • You had some tracks favorited with the heart icon in Roon that are no longer favorited

Is that correct? The most important part of the above is The TIDAL favorites are the same on both TIDAL accounts. Can you confirm that this is true? If not, using something like Soundiiz to transfer your TIDAL library as Martin suggested should help.

Yes, the following are true:

• This is a different TIDAL account than was originally used
  • The TIDAL favorites are the same on both TIDAL accounts
  • You had some tracks favorited with the heart icon in Roon that are no longer favorited.

The Tidal favortites are the same on both accounts, but when I use the new Tidal account on Roon, absolutely none the Tidal tracks that previously had been favorites on Roon are recognized as Roon favorites. In other words, in Roon I have no favorites that are Tidal tracks.

I wouldn’t mind just reverting back to my previous Tidal account, but I prepaid for a year on the new Tidal account and Tidal refuses to either refund me my money or apply it to the old Tidal account.

Thanks for your help!

Sorry, Roon folks, but I could really use some help! How do I get my favorites that are Tidal tracks to be favorited/hearted in Roon. I understand that a track has to be in my Roon library to be Roon hearted, but isn’t there some relatively easy way to get my Tidal favorites (which I have both in my Tidal tracks and also as a Roon playlist) into the Roon library so I can Roon favorite/heart them?

I can highlight the Tidal tracks in a playlist and click (add to library), but they don’t add to library.

Help!

How do you switch between TIDAL accounts? Are you using the same Roon core and changing the TIDAL login details?

I use the same Roon core and change the TIDAL login details.

Is there some relatively easy way to get my Tidal favorites (which I have both in my Tidal tracks and also as a Roon playlist) into the Roon library so I can Roon favorite/heart them?

Thanks!

Sorry, but I still don’t understand the issue. You refer to TIDAL favourites not being in the Roon library; this isn’t possible since a TIDAL favourite ≡ add to Roon library.

Or are you saying that you want to favourite all TIDAL albums and tracks in Roon? I can’t imagine why you’d want to do this, but it’s easy to identify TIDAL content in Roon using Focus.

Simply go to the Album or Track browser in your library and click on the Focus button. Then go to Format and select TIDAL.

Of course, if you remove TIDAL by logging out those albums and tracks will no longer appear in your library.

Martin,

Thanks for your reply! I think the part that is not true for me is the “a TIDAL favourite ≡ add to Roon library.” If it were, shouldn’t I be able to go to the TIDAL section of Roon, look at my Favorite Tracks and have the option of adding them to Roon favorites? There is no heart icon for my favorite tracks in Tidal, so there is no obvious way to add my TIDAL Favorite tracks to be Roon Favorite tracks.

When I click on a TIDAL Favorite track to play it, I would have to click Add to Library in order to heart/favorite it in Roon.

Either something is messed up or I just don’t understand how it works!

Thanks again.

I don’t think you’ve fully understood how things work.

When you click on the heart icon in TIDAL (or Qobuz for that matter) you are marking the track or album to you TIDAL favourites and adding the same to your Roon library.

That is, a TIDAL favourite is equivalent to add to Roon. (TIDAL favourite ≡ add to Roon library)

But, the newly added TIDAL track or album will not be added to your Roon favourites. (TIDAL favourite ≠ Roon favourite)

So, in a nutshell, all TIDAL favourites are added to Roon. You can find these in the track and album browser sections of your LIBRARY–they are marked with the TIDAL logo.

The TIDAL section is not part of your library; it is under BROWSE, i.e. somewhere to look for new music. If you decide to add a TIDAL album to your library from within Roon it will later be identified as a favourite in TIDAL.

No, by definition, a TIDAL favourite is already in your Roon library. To favourite a track or album in Roon click on the Roon heart icon.

Please note that updates between Roon and TIDAL are not instantaneous.

Thanks for your thoughtful reply.

While in the Favorite Tracks section of Tidal in Roon, should I see a Roon heart icon next to the tracks? Because I do not.

If I do not see a Roon heart icon in the Favorite Tracks section, how can I easily Roon heart all my Tidal Favorite Tracks?

Thanks!

You can only favourite albums and tracks already in your Roon library. When you click on the hamburger ☰ you’ll notice two sections:

• BROWSE – This is for music discovery and includes the TIDAL section. You’ll need to add items to your Roon library before you can favourite them.
  • LIBRARY – These are the tracks and albums you’ve added to your library. You’ll be able to favourite any item found in this section.

To favourite a track or album in TIDAL Your Favourites you’ll first need to add the album [or track] to your Roon library.

Edit: Clarification in braces above [].

“To favourite a track or album in TIDAL Your Favourites you’ll first need to add the album to your Roon library.”

I think that is the hangup. I can’t just add a track to the Roon library, I have to add the whole album?

So, for example, I can make a Roon playlist of all my TIDAL favorite tracks, but I can’t favorite the TIDAL track in Roon when I click the heart icon, because the entire album isn’t in Roon yet?

No, you can add a single track, but … note that you don’t need to add a track to Roon to include it in a playlist.

From any track anywhere in Roon click on the three dot and you have the choice of Add To Library or Add To A Playlist.

Hi @RoSko,

Having a playlist of TIDAL content and having the TIDAL content in your Roon library isn’t quite the same.

First, I recommend taking a look at this article:

https://kb.roonlabs.com/What’s_the_difference_between_albums_in_my_library_and_albums_outside_of_my_library%3F

Moving forward, let’s focus in on one example. Find a track that you want to favorite in Roon and share a screenshot of what you’re seeing in Roon. Then share a screenshot of this track in the TIDAL app.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.