TIDAL hifi stream breaking up

At 6:30pm tonight my luck ran out and Tidal started stuttering/freezing … so I had 90 good minutes (from 5pm).

Started listening to Tidal through Roon at 11:58 am. Was good for ten minutes but is now breaking up and unlistenable. Albums tested:
“Twelve Songs” - Jenny Scheinman/Bill Frisell
“The Flat Earth” - Thomas Dolby
“Working With Fire and Steel” - China Crisis

I am going to have break from Tidal until next weekend, I think that is the best thing for me to do … as I love Tidal … though my frustration levels with the performance during November are quite high.

Still breaking up here and unlistenable at 3:40 pm Sunday.
“Solo Acoustic, Vol 1” Jackson Browne

Then tried:
“All I Want - The Sonic Factory Sessions” Max Jury
This streamed OK.

Then tried:
“Whats New” Linda Ronstadt and Nelson Riddle
This broke up and was unlistenable - 3:58 pm Sunday

Same situation in Singapore…since last Sunday.

Another stutterer from Singapore, both lossless and 320kb struggles to play smoothly.
Also this happened since last Sunday.
Have emailed support and was told Tidal know of issues but have no time frame for the fix. I told them if this continues any longer, I will be cancelling Tidal. Useless service.

That’s very odd. It’s been perfect for me in Canada.

Cheers, Greg

Tidal through Roon still experiencing intermittent stuttering…basically unlistenable. Am based in Singapore too.

Exactly the same setup and problem with me. Roon Tidal Hi-Fi causes unusable stuttering but switching to Tidal desktop app on Mac and all is OK.

Is anyone else experiencing this same issue where all OK in Tidal app and stuttering only when played through Roon?

This has been driving me crazy for the last week and I was thinking it was a setup issue at my end until I found this post.

I am based in New Zealand.

Netherlands calling. Tidal is 100% OK for me, equally so from web, app and Roon – and has been from the beginning.

Living in the old part of a small town (the church tower 50 yards from my front door dates from 1070), the infrastructure is not up to modern standards (vDSL maxes out at 27Mbit/3Mbit).

My ISP however is a firm proponent of Net Neutrality and delivering 100% of max. attainable throughput all of the time. Given the experiences described in some of the posts above, this may become increasingly important.

I tested at work, we use a direct VPN linkage to the UK (II am based in Dubai) and the service was today running fine for about an hour. It was not the case in the past few days… I hope this is a good sign that Tidal is getting somewhere in solving the mystery… (listening to Tidal via Windows Client)…

I’m from Paris (France). No problem with TIDAL HIFI audio streams (web, app and Roon) since 4 months. 100% OK as for @RBM

However some quirks with Roon / TIDAL integration last week (Tidal web and app still OK):

• Tidal albums “grey” covers
  • Tidal albums added in my Roon library disappeared
  • Message in Roon on Tidal contents : “Error loading page, please check network connection”

Seems like some network issue in Roon access to TIDAL data last week.
Today 100% OK but if have to erase Roon Tidal file cache to get access to my TIDAL contents again.

Regards

Rene, please don’t tear our bandwidth hearts and trample on them so! In Oz we can only dream of 27Mbs downloads speeds off a DSL connection!!!

I do like your reference to your provider’s “net neutrality”. I wonder if there is such an ISP downunder?

I gave up. I terminated my hifi subscription together with my other family plan. Tidal is unusable for me at the moment. I hate to go but I’m unwilling to pay for a service which is unusable.

hk6230,
Where is your location? SE Asia?
I understand it is very frustrating to be paying for a broken service. I am considering moving back to Spotify.

Gary, you are running through a VPN from China aren’t you ? I expect that creates a few challenges. Shame it didn’t work out though. I wouldn’t want to pay either if it wasn’t reliable through that routing.

Well, it was working without VPN. Now with VPN, I couldn’t even make Tidal play reliably. And, I don’t like to use VPN with Tidal and/or Roon.

I’m in China.

I also cancelled my Tidal subscription which unfortunately severely lowers the value of Roon as an explorative experience. Without Tidal or similar high quality service I don’t enjoy Roon as much :frowning:

Hi Aris

yup, with you there. I too just cancelled Tidal - the stuttering made it completely unlistenable. I agree, it does greatly diminish the value of roon.

It all looked so go there for a while…