Tidal in Roon app not showing a newly released album, that does show in the Tidal app

Roon Core Machine

Nucleus+

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Zyxel vmg3925, ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

10k +

Description of Issue

There is a specific new album out, that i wanted to hear, and searched for it on the Roon app. The album didnt show up. I then made a search in the Tidal section on the Roon app. it didnt show. Then i opened the Tidal app, and the album was there.

I then disabled Tidal connection on the Roon, and signed in Tidal again on the Roon app, and did a new search in Roon, but the album still doesnt show.

(edit: and i also did a reboot of nucleus+ just to see if that did the trick, but no)

Why is this?

thanks
Jesper

I believe Roon needs to resync their service with Tidal/Qobuz to allow newly released albums to show. I don’t know the frequency at which this occurs. Weekly I think on Fridays. No idea.

Both qobuz and Tidal batch up new releases and add on all the extra metadata that roon requires. They then ship it across to roon who unpack and ingest it, put it in the search engine etc. This obviously induces a delay and if an album misses a batch, further delay.
Quickest way to get a new album is to favourite it in the streaming services app then sync your roon library with the service in settings, services.

2 Likes

Makes sense, thanks! :+1:t2:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.