TIDAL in ROON, stripped version?

It seems to me that the Roon version of Tidal is somehow stripped. The musicvideos avilable in the native desktop version is absent in Roon, why?

You can vote for the feature suggestion

I am using HiFi Rose RS150B streamer/dac, which is a highly recommended product. They have a software named Rose_Connect which implements a lot, like Qobuz or Tidal. RS 150 B is connected to my TV by HDMI, and let you wiew all content on TV screen, and here is Tidal similar to the native version, and let’s me view the music videos on full screen. I really don’t need music videos implemented in Roon, I was just curious why they were not present…

I guess no particular reason other than Roon existed as a music player before streaming was integrated, and the feature request wasn’t a big hit

I agree. As long as no other information from Roon can be viewed on the screen, there is no point, unless…There are songtexts avilable, so that could be a reason to “cast” Roon to TV…for karaoke

That would make Roon very messy adding music videos.

2 Likes

Considering the comments that were made after the recent playlist changes to the look of Roon, including anxiety with the fonts, I don’t think videos will be added any time soon.
Personally I don’t care, I spend very little time with the app open.

Roon is a music player not a video player. Please keep it that way.

5 Likes

If I want to watch Tidal’s music video’s I’ll fire up Tidal’s app on my Toshiba Android TV. I don’t see Roon as a video player to be honest.

2 Likes