RAM - 64GB DDR4

Networking Gear & Setup Details

WiFi

Connected Audio Devices

Apple iPad Pro 12.9
Dell XPS 13 9370 Windows 11 Pro

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

The interface for Tidal on the iPad Pro 12.9 is missing the left/right scroll arrows when in explore

You mean like here? Maybe I’m misunderstanding but although there are no scroll arrows I can scroll left and right simply by swiping. Also on iPad Pro 12.9. Do you mean something else?

I have uploaded 2 images showing the interface on Windows 11 Pro client and iPad Pro 12.9. I have circled in red on the Windows screenshot what is missing on the iPad client which means you are unable to scroll the Genres on the iPad.

I see. Yes, I have the scroll buttons on the Macbook as well and not on the iPad. But on the Macbook, without a touch screen, the buttons make sense for scrolling. The iPad does have a touch screen, so you can just scroll the genres (or other rows like Staff Pick Albums) by dragging them with the finger. Maybe scroll buttons to tap would be nice anyway, but I wouldn’t expect anything else to be honest, it’s a touch device. Just touch and scroll them

1 Like

Strangely didn’t occur to me to use the touch screen as I use my iPad with the magic keyboard so was using the mouse pad and cursor so was expecting it to be similar to a laptop.

Oh I see and didn’t consider the magic keyboard. This is a good point with the Pro iPads, that they can be used like a laptop. However, on my MacBook with the built-in touchpad I can also scroll the rows with a two-finger left/right scroll. (Actually thinking about it, this is what I always do on the Mac anyway. I find it more convenient than hunting for the buttons, and it’s such a prevalent touchpad gesture everywhere on the Mac that it became the natural way for me). I suppose that should work with the magic keyboard’s touchpad as well?

Yes, it does.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.