Tidal is not working

Roon Core Machine

Win10 pro,
Lenovo Thinkpad L14 Intel(R) Core™ i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, RAM 16Mb SSD 512Gb

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Eero mesh network on wifi

Connected Audio Devices

KEF LS50
Connections between Laptop and Eero and speakers and Eero on Wifi

Number of Tracks in Library

22,000 tracks and Tidal subscription.

Description of Issue

I’ve had a Tidal subscription since I got Roon subscription 3 years ago.
All of a sudden there is a warning in red rectangle upon opening Roon “Error loading page, check your network connection”, and the Tidal music shows up in Roon’s Tidal tab, but all the tunes say “Unavailable”
Restarting Roon or the computer didn’t fix it. The computer is connected to the proper wifi network. My subscription with Tidal is current (it works in phone app). Tidal is logged in in Roon.
I have no idea why this new problem.
Please help!
Thanks,
Bernard

Tidal is down for me too. It’s a Tidal problem, not a Roon problem. Tidal is down on my Macbook Pro, but strangely, is not down on my Android Phone. I can still add music to playlists, which will presumably also get added on my laptop and Roon when it comes back up.

I restarted my machine again just in case and this time I can access Tidal… So Jacob it could be b/c of Tidal? Ok, as long as it doesn’t happen too often. I hope Tidal starts working again for you too.

This afternoon there was a near worldwide outage of Amazon Web Services which Tidal uses. At this moment, the AWS services are near completely restored and the problems with access to Tidal should be resolved.

Tidal back online in SE USA :sunglasses:

…also not for me.

Tidal apps work for me, though some lag. Roon shows tidal albums and play lists but not my collection. And all albums it shows “track unavailable”. All my roon tidal library gone. Settings for Tidal says “syncing now”. So I guess us antipodeans have to wait on AWS - unless my core network access somehow booked. But since I see Tidal album covers that suggests no fundamental network problem. Just no streaming audio…

Will report again if not recovered in 24hrs

As a matter of interest, if I log out of Tidal in the roon services, will it lose my library entries? I presume not but do not want to do it until assured I won’t “break” the system

Hmmm. Tidal sped up on other apps but not roon. Restored overnight backup. Normal functionality returns…

1 Like