TIDAL login failed messages frequently

I live in Switzerland and having problems with Tidal as well. It comes often with not able to login to tidal. Sometimes in the middle of a song. When starting a track it shows track not available, but after next start the track is available.
I noticed as well that Tidal is removing more and more songs in Switzerland. Albums that I was able to play, are blocked.
But the first issue is more important.
I didn‘t change anything in my network upstream of my server. Downstream I have a RegenEther just before my DAC.

It just happened again, in the middle of the song. Tidal on my Mac seems to run OK.

Hi @mjazz,

Can you please provide some more information regarding your setup so that we can advise properly?

1. What is your Roon Core model/manufacturer/operating system?

2. How is the Core connected to your network (WiFi or Ethernet)?

3. What is the model/manufacturer of your networking gear?

4. How are your DNS servers configured? Are you using ISP-provided ones or have you changed these to Google / Cloudflare / Quad9 / etc?

Hi
sorry for the late answer, I was abroad last week.

I have a sonicTransporter i5 with 2TB USB SSD disk. V2.7, Roon 1.7 build 521 both on MacMini (endpoint) and SonicTransporter.

Network, from router via TP-Link MC200CM and fiber to Aqvox switch (standard version). From there with TP-Link MC220L and fiber to EtherRegen, from there to my DAC (Bartok) (I am using the EtherRegen like an OpticalRendu; fiber in, cable out). The SonicTransporter is connected to Aqvox switch.

I use the standard DNS servers from my provider. I am not sure if I can change these in the router.

I am using this set up since December. The problems with Tidal started happening 2-3 weeks ago. Before I had the EtherRegen, the DAC was connected directly to the MC220L (that set up I am running since a year).

By the way, looking at my account information it says “Error retrieving account information” Reload? Pushing reload works. Is this not the same kind of issue like the first connect to Tidal, which fails?

I hope this helps
Menno

Hi @mjazz,

Thank you for the additional information and hope your travels went well.

I would suggest looking into this further, we have sometimes seen default ISP-provided DNS servers to be a bit unreliable, so if you can change them to Quad9/Google DNS/Cloudlfare, network requests should in general complete much faster and it might help here as well.

Also, if you haven’t tried this yet, I would try logging out and back into TIDAL and try clearing the TIDAL cache. Typically these are the instructions on how to clear the cache for a regular Core, but you may want to refer to the SonicTransporter support team how to access the RoonServer folder if you are unable to locate it:

• Exit out of Roon / Stop RoonServer from running
  • Find and open your Roon database
  • Navigate to Roon/Cache
  • Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  • Try restarting Roon/RoonServer and verify if the issue still occurs

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.