TIDAL Login Issue - 2020.05.04 1

Me too. There are so many different posts here about this I kept waiting for a bigger announcement that it is a known issue and we are working on it.

I am happy to help as well if you need another example to get at the root of the problem.

Hello @Edward_Brewer, we would like to learn more about the issue you’re having with TIDAL

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Issue:

constant need to login in again to Tidal Music. Often more than 1x/day. Credentials are correct. Tried to clear cache previously with little success - but in recent incidents. Been waiting for issue to get resolved on Roon’s end assuming problems was there since there were a lot of similar reports.

System Info

Core:

late 2014 Apple Mac Mini
2.6GHz Dual Core i5
8 GB RAM
Samsung T5 500GB SSD External 3.0 as startup
MacOS 10.15.4
Malwarebytes Malware Protection

Network:

Eero based: 1 Eero Pro, 2 Eeros, 2 Beacons
Eero Secure+ service
Ethernet to Core and most Endpoints
Trendnet unmanaged ethernet switches

Endpoints:

NAD M10
NAD C658
NAD 390DD w/BluOS MDC card
NAD 758v3
Bluesound Pulse 2
Bluesound Pulse Flex
Bluesound Node 2

Library:

very few local files, almost all content streamed via Tidal, small amount via Qobuz trial

Let me know if you need additional information.

This is sufficiently widespread to be independent of set up , its virtually every Roon restart , but not every one in my case …

Hello @Edward_Brewer and thanks for the details! There is one more thing I could use, could you please:

1. Reboot and log back into Roon to reproduce the issue
  2. Once you do, reply here with a timestamp (your local time) and I will enable diagnostics for your account so we can get it to our team for further investigation.

Thanks!

I rebooted the system a few minutes ago and was immediately asked to login again to Tidal.

Is that failure enough or did you want me to wait until the NEXT time I am asked to login again spontaneously.

If the first one is the one you want it would have been some where around 5:30pm local time on my account.

Just quit Roon by accident. Restarted and was asked to login to Tidal again. 5:53 pm Wed May 6.

and again at 11:47 today Fri May 8

Anything else I can do help get this issue resolved?

Hello @Edward_Brewer, thank you again for your report and your offer to help!

I have been discussing this issue with the technical team and we are aware of a few similar reports where users have to re-login to TIDAL upon Core reboot.

There is an active investigation in progress and QA is looking into what improvements can be made in this area of the login flow.

We appreciate your patience while this investigation is ongoing and apologies for the inconvenience of having to re-login when the Core is rebooted in the meantime.