Tidal login/playback problems

Hi @nuwriy, I assume that all is busy with the next version of Roon, but I am still getting repeated failures which I have not had for the majority of my time with Roon (since day one!). I have another failure today, 29th January at 11:19 GMT.

Thanks,

Peter

@support @nuwriy I’m still having this issue with Roon 1.8 and haven’t received any reply to my pervious emails. I understood that diagnostics were being collected but feel that there should be a wealth of data by now.

I love Roon, and am a fan of version 1.8, but having to restart my Roonserver on a continual basis is trying my patience. In addition, I am also continuing to lose contact with my Meridian 218 endpoint. It’s difficult to understand if this is consistent with losing Tidal connectivity.

Please can you let me know either way whether this can be resolved. Otherwise I feel that I will need to start from fresh again and, having used Roon since day one (and Sooloos before that), that is not something I want to do.

Thank you for your response.

Hello @thompo ,

Sincere apologies for the delay in getting back to you here. I am looking over your Roon logs and I am noticing some strange traces here that might be related to your Roon database, can you please try to see if a fresh database also reproduces this issue?

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Reinstall the RoonServer App from our Downloads Page to generate a new RoonServer folder
  • Connect to new database (don’t restore)
  • Verify if issues persist

Hi @noris, thanks for your reply - much appreciated. I will do this today and then experiment. I will revert after the experimentation.

1 Like

Hi @noris. After 12 days of testing this and putting quite a load on the RoonServer, the Tidal login does appear to have been resolved. However, I’m still getting the intermittent drop outs in the zone that comprises of a Meridian 218 endpoint. I haven’t had dropouts in any other zones, Meridian or otherwise, although they are not used as much as the 218 zone. Any thoughts?

Finally, is there any way that I can extract any of the work that I did on my previous library or have I now lost that? Favourites, playlists, even listening history?

Thanks

Hi @thompo ,

Does this behavior affect both Local and Streaming / Live Radio content or just one type and not the other?

Do other zones such as the System Output on your Mac Mini exhibit the same behavior?

Unfortunately, extracting pieces of your database are not possible, you would have to revert to a Roon Backup that does not exhibit this issue. If you don’t have a backup before the issues started to occur, then continuing with a fresh database is the best path forward.

Hi @noris , thanks for your reply.

Does this behavior affect both Local and Streaming / Live Radio content or just one type and not the other?

Yes, it affects both local and streaming content.

Do other zones such as the System Output on your Mac Mini exhibit the same behavior?

No, the Meridian 218 appears to be the only one that exhibits this behaviour.

Thanks for the response also on the ability to restore parts of my backup. Have made the decision to stick with this new database and a fresh start

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.