Tidal login/playback problems

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac mini (Late 2014), macOS version 10.15.6, 8GB RAM, 3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7. 250GB SSD, 110GB free. Roon Build 610.
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet connection, Netgear Orbi router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Ethernet connection to Meridian 218, then to Meridian DSP 8000SE

Description Of Issue

Constant issues with Tidal Login. This can result in items being skipped in playback, even though Roon shows that I am logged in to the service. Secondly, items do not show up in the Tidal Category (see screenshot), even though I am logged in. Sometimes this happens at the same time but not consistently All other playback from local sources continues to work with no problems. Playing directly through Tidal will also work.

Can only be resolved by restarting Roon on the server!
Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 15.38.45|684x499

Hello @thompo, my apologies for the trouble here. Are you seeing this one just the Mac Mini or on all devices? Have you tried temporarily disabling your firewall/antivirus when this issue occurs? Also, how often does this occur?

Hi Nuwriy, thanks for getting back to me. The Mac mini is running Roonserver, and therefore I see the problem from whichever device I am running as a control. I have tried disabling the firewall but no impact, and there have been no network changes over the past couple of years, during which time I have had no problems like this. I would say this problem occurs every 2-3 days on average

Hello @thompo, could you please change your default browser and see if that give you better results? Also, have you tried to sign in on a different remote?

Hi, I have tried both of those but no discernible difference to the issue.

Hello @thompo, could you please also try changing DNS to cloudflare or Google to see if that helps? If it doesn’t, could you please reply here with a timestamp of when you see the error next so I can enable diagnostics for your account? Thanks!

Hi @nuwriy. I’m not sure how to change the DNS but happy to try under instruction. The error had repeated just before I received your message but I will let you know the next it occurs

Hello @thompo, you can learn more about changing your DNS settings for your mac here.

Hi @nuwriy, it’s taken a while but the issue has raised its ugly head again. It happened at 12:31BST on 23rd October 2020. I tried changing the DNS settings as instructed but this appears to have little impact.

Just to add to the above post, this has also resulted in my being unable to play any of content to any zone. There’s no error message; just no sound and no progress on the playback line. This is for local content; Tidal playback simply skips through all the tracks stating that the track in not available on Tidal

Hello @thompo, I wanted to clarify that last post. So local content to system output isn’t working either now?

Hi @nuwriy That is correct, I was unable to play local content to any system output. Both issues were resolved by rebooting the core

HI @nuwriy, it has happened again. Same symptoms; items being skipped in playback, track loads from local storage but does not play. Also tested with Qobuz and the same error, so not related to Tidal as I originally thought. Please let me know if you need logs or similar to investigate further.

Hello @thompo, sorry to hear that. Does rebooting still resolve the issue? Also, are you still seeing the issue to all endpoints including system output? I’d like to collect diagnostics next time the issue occurs. If you could please reply here with a timestamp (in your local time) next time it occurs as well as the endpoint and track name, that would be appreciated. Thanks!

2 posts were split to a new topic: Core sign in issue

Hi @nuwriy. Issue arose again at 10:30GMT on 12 Nov. No luck playing from Qobuz, Tidal and from local storage.

Each time it is resolved by rebooting the Core. No luck playing to any endpoints, including local system output.

Hello @thompo,

I have enabled diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Thanks @nuwriy

1 Like

Hi @nuwriy , this has just reoccurred at 16:49 GMT on 19th November

Hi @nuwriy, I wonder whether you have had a chance to take a look at this? I have had four failures today (15th December), and had to reboot Roonserver on each occasion. This is now becoming a bit of an irritant.

Thanks