Tidal Login Problem

Dear Chris,
Thank you. Appreciate your heartfelt support. Now that I understand what prompted your query, I can safely assure you that the TIDAL HiFi login issue has nothing to do with roon. Rather, it is TIDAL HiFi that is rejecting my ID and password used for the last two years and for some unexplained reason, will no longer accept or provide me with reasons for rejecting my login information.
This situation would never have continued if the problem included roon as they are dedicated to addressing subscriberā€™s issues or can receive help from other subscribers like yourself as your name is quite familiar to me given the level of participation that attends your interests with roon, etc.
Shame on TIDAL for treating a subscriber for two years with disregard. Iā€™ve actually decided to just leave it alone, and I might send a letter to TIDALā€™s New York Business address.
Best,
Richard

1 Like

Hello @support

I have a problem to login on my tidal acount in the parameter of roon
my adress and login is good ( verfied on tidal interface ā€¦)
and the problem is the same on all my deviceā€¦

The problem come just after the new update 1.4 ( build 306 ) of roon
know an issue?

Best
Oliver

Hey Olivier,

Have you tried rebooting the machine your Roon Core/Server is running on?

Hi RenƩ,

Good ideas,
everything is going well
Best

1 Like

Update: Tidal Support never responded to my request for help to solve the login issue that started after my upgrade to 1.4. I always reboot after an update and never leave my roon core running continuously on my Mac Mini. And for two years login to TIDAL HiFi was never an issue until now. Left in limbo without anything beyond a ticket assignment, I was, thereafter, three weeks later sent me a survey to rate their support which had never been provided. It occurred to me that most of the new music added were genres I rarely/never listen to. My feedback was succinct to TIDAL HiFi. Tidal continues to bill me for music I can not even access given the login issue. I have remedied both issues with one arrow. Cā€™est la vieā€¦
Perhaps roon will consider another streaming service that will allow me to search new music, I would actually be interested in exploring. For those with issues solved by merely rebooting, happy for you.
Best,
Richard

Hi @REShaman ---- I just came across your post on this thread and wanted to check in to see if you were still experiencing this issue. If you have an active TIDAL account we certainly want you to be able to use it :wink: Please let me know and I will be glad to lend hand.

-Eric

Likewise, I had this happen to me this weekend when I was testing some stuff and doing a lot of turning things off and on and disconnecting them from the network, etc.

Frankly, Iā€™m always pleasantly surprised at how resilient Roon is in regards to reconnecting to everything when I throw things like this at it.

Dear Eric,
Very kind of you to offer help with other than roon. Hence in my previous post I recognized roon for their exemplary support through out my lifetime subscription. No other service is quite as exceptional, though admirable exceptions to Damien and Jussi.
Eric, I decided that after several requests and over two weeks of being ignored by TIDAL HiFiā€™s support and a follow up email from them asking I rate my support experience with them, I decided not to continue with TIDAL HiFi.
I very much appreciate your offer to intercede on my behalf, imagining that roon and TIDAL maintain channels of communication not available to TIDAL subscribers.
With appreciation,
Richard

1 Like

@eric
Tidal login failedā€¦ I think this is the first time ever for me.

Rebooting the core fixed it.

1 Like

same here today .
Login failed, worked after rebooting the nucleus +

I have to login to Tidal almost every time I start Roon.

1 Like

Having exactly the same problem here - recurring login error message.

1 Like

I was having problems when accessing Overview. I could acces my library and Qobuz but not Tidal. So I had to logoff and login back in Tidal.

Now is working.

Been having to log in to tidal everyday since the latest update. FUN!

1 Like

SAME ISSUE
I have to Log Into Tidal every day as well since update. Have logged out, deleted Cache and logged back in. Doesnā€™t help.
just annoying.

Also here permanent issues with Tidal login: since build 536 or 537 (537 is current as I write it) the roon server no more logs into Tidal automatically. Instead manual login via web page is enforced each time roon server starts.

3 Likes

Same here. I have had an issue a couple of times so far: Roon server seems unresponsive, even whether I am not playing from Tidal, until I log off and login in back into Tidal. I am not 100% sure of this, but I would say that it is happening to me.

Same here. Daily roon canā€™t reach tidal. Need to reauth to tidal after restarting roon to get it to auth.

I have the same problem since the last update! Everytime I restart my MacBook and ROON there is the Tidal login failure and I have to click ā€žtry againā€œ then safari opens and I have to login into Tidal, then I am redirected to Roon and then Finally Tidal works.
Any workaround for this nasty problem?
Thanks in advance !

1 Like

Same here, but I lose Tidal authentication just with time, doesnā€™t take a server restart (although that does it too). This is pretty annoying. No issue at all using Plex + Tidal - havenā€™t had to re-authenticate there at all.