Tidal Media is Loading Slowly (new to Roon)

I’m new to Roon and having the same problem. Tidal plays fine from the Tidal app, but in Roon it keeps stopping and skipping tracks. I am connected via wifi and I’m not interested in keeping my laptop constantly connected to my router via ethernet cable. Nor am I interested in lowering the sound quality.

I’m on my trial period. If Roon requires an ethernet connection to run, I won’t continue my subscription. I can just use the Tidal app to play Tidal and use any UPNP to play from my NAS. I’m not quite sure what the point of Roon is (for me, anyway), if it doesn’t support high resolution audio over wifi…

If you have any other fix, please let me know. Thanks!

Windows 10 OS
Envy laptop
|Processor|Intel(R) Core™ i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.11 GHz|
|Installed RAM|8.00 GB (7.76 GB usable)|
|System type|64-bit operating system, x64-based processor|

1 Like

Hey @Andrew_Schamess,

It’s so great to see that even if just a few days into your free trial, you’ve connected on our community :wave:

It looks like your free trial ended and we’re sorry not to have replied right away. If you’d like to try Roon again, please, let us know :nerd_face: .

As far as your questions go, Roon does not require an Ethernet connection, but we strongly encourage one. This is because Roon relies on network stability for most processes performed on the Core (your Windows machine, based on your description). However, this is not to say that subscribers aren’t using Roon on WiFi only.

What might help is changing the DNS on your Router to the ones provided by Cloudflare DNS, Quad9 or Google DNS.

Please, let us know :nerd_face:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.