TIDAL MQA tracks fail on NAD T777 under Roon 1.8

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Ubuntu 18.04, Roon 1.8 (build 783)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Unifi APs and gigabit ethernet backbone.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

NAD T777 v3, Bluesound Pulse x2, Bluesound Node v3.
(all with latest firmware)

Description Of Issue

Since install of Roon 1.8, Roon loses control of the NAD T777 v3 whenever an MQA track is started from TIDAL. Changing MQA support on the T777 audio device (including switching it to ‘no MQA support’) does not solve the problem.

Hi team, I have not had any feedback on this issue and it has completely broken my set up. Can I have some support please?

Hey @mentalfloss,

I appreciate so much the fact that you’ve followed up on your thread and that you’ve shown incredible amounts of patience while we got a chance to reply. I want to apologize for taking this long :pleading_face:. As you might already know, we’re working as fast as we can to reply to everyone who’s gotten in touch in the past month. The truth is, we were a bit overwhelmed :woozy_face:

I’m so sorry to hear about the trouble with the NAD T777, especially since it is a Roon Ready device. I was wondering, did you get a chance to reboot your Core?

Hi Rebeka. No good to hear that you have been over run with requests.
In the time I’ve been waiting for a response, the latest core update and NAD firmware update has solved the issue, and MQA tracks no longer crash my NAD T777.

Thanks
Graham

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.