TIDAL My Mix in roon? [Released in Roon 1.8 (Build 806)]

If ever there was something that needed a dedicated mandatory tag its hip hop - just so we could have an option to not play this ever, under any circumstance!

1 Like

That is a particularly condescending statement, dont you actually mean the very smart young people improving the Roon that we love?

3 Likes

This means?

Do Tidal tracks played through Roon end up being used as data to build these mixes? The two MyMix choices I have available to me seem to be based on listening I have done through the Tidal app only.
BTW, Plex offers access to My Mix already, as well as music videos which is cool.

1 Like

Ouch. Are the screen scraping or what?

1 Like

Nope, just direct access to any Tidal playlists including MyMix. Likely due to their very recent support for Tidal, it was probably rolled into the release.

I don’t think so, that would be weird technologically, and also I hardly ever listen through Tidal alone and my mixes seem to represent my taste more or less.

Albums added in Roon are reflected in Tidal though, so that may explain the quality of these mixes for those of us who don’t use the app much.

1 Like

I’d like it if they did though, as I rarely use their app. I don’t see it being a challenge technically though as they already know all the tracks we play from their library. I’d certainly be happy to share my favourites and track/album ratings back with them to tailor the mixes more appropriately. One of my mixes is almost all country, seemingly based on listening to two tracks on an Iris deMent album. I don’t really have any other country listening history.

Ability to seamlessly play “my mixes” seems like a “must have” feature for roon.

2 Likes

Sorry, I meant to say that the Tidal tracks played through Roon DO count towards the data used for MyMix and personalization in general, at least from my experience.

3 Likes

Is there a trick to get Tidal Playlists to sync more quickly to Roon? I don’t mind heading to Tidal to save the mix as a playlist, as a stop-gap measure while this gets added directly to Roon (if possible), but after I save the mix as a playlist, it doesn’t appear in Roon. There was previously a Sync Tidal option under Settings/Services but I’m not seeing it on the iPad app anymore.

Settings > Services > Tidal Edit button I think.

2 Likes

Thanks for that. Right under my nose.

Also, in the Tidal Browser screen, you can sync with the circular arrow icon.

Cheers, Greg

3 Likes

Tidal’s new mix feature they just added I noticed this week is pretty awesome. I am now having to copy the mixes that Tidal comes up with and put in Roon because they are so good. Tidal has a focus/radio feature that works.

If tidal can do this what is precluding Roon?

2 Likes

This has definitely been mentioned as being on the roadmap for some time now. Hopefully 2019 bears fruit:

I think there are other more recent mentions as well. Perhaps others can chime in.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Issue with Tidal Syncing

I really like to see this function also! I’m currently doing the 14 day trail but I’m missing this feature!

1 Like