TIDAL My Mix in roon? [Released in Roon 1.8 (Build 806)]

I think I’m about to make the switch from Tidal client to Roon, however this is one feature I really use a lot. I actually use this to find new tracks that I like and add them to already established playlists, but I would love to be able to do all of that through Roon.

Do we know if the Roon team is looking to add this feature and if there is a timeline for implementation?

BTW, this is my first post here so… Hello everyone! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

+1 and still waiting for this feature!!!

Tidal doesn’t expose My Mix in their API so it’s not possible for third parties to add this yet.

UAPP has them.

+1 and still waiting…thanks

4 Likes

+1 I’d like this thanks…thanks

3 Likes

+1, Oh yes, that would be great…

1 Like

I don’t think this is true - Aurender apparently just added this feature to their Conductor app, so it must be possible.

1 Like

Interesting. It was certainly true at the time of my post though. Tidal must have either updated their API to provide a hook for these playlists or others have figured out a hack to bring them into their apps. Maybe a Roon is holding off as it competes with their radio feature?

Yes, I’m sure you were correct at the time of your post.

I hope Roon add this, it’s the only reason I use the Tidal app these days.

1 Like

@support, could you please move this to the feature requests section so it might be noticed by the devs?

2 Likes

+1 -> Is there a preferred solution for this yet?

1 Like

Can’t believe this still is absent in Roons Tidal integration. Would be very nice to have as it’s better than Roons new music choices it offers me.

2 Likes

+1! My Mixes on Tidal is a big deal for me. I’d love to be able to play them through Roon on my Zen Mini. This could seriously be a deciding factor for whether I graduate from a Roon trial to a subscription!

1 Like

I just signed up for the 14-day trial and the Tidal My Mix not being available is a deal breaker for me. I am streaming through a Moon 380D DSD and have overcome the problem using a combo of Bubble UPNP and MiND 2 controller on my Android phone. I use Bubble to access My Mixes on Tidal and then launch MiND remote over the top that gives me control of volume remotely from my phone. Spotify Connect already does this beautifully between Macbook and phone but the Tidal Bubble combo means I can stream directly through the MiND streaming module on the Moon DAC. It only gives me 44.1/16 bit FLAC but whilst WFH I have a usable remote control for volume on Tidal /Moon when I need to answer the phone. It’s also cheaper than Roon which is nice and fits my most pressing Tidal use case. Happy days!

Quoting this for any new posters who missed it. Obviously native handling would be better but it’s a simple workaround.

Go to the Tidal app, open a mix, click “+ Create Playlist” and it will appear immediately in Roon.

1 Like

Great tip, never thought of that, but we still shoulnd’t need to. They need to add this its been out too long not to be part of the Roon Tidal package.

1 Like

Preaching to the choir! Quality of life improvements like this should be given more dev time.

5 Likes

fyi, Tidal My Mixes are now available in LMS for squeezeboxen.

There is hope yet.