TIDAL My Mix in roon? [Released in Roon 1.8 (Build 806)]

Of course it would be great to have it in Roon. That said. I find the My Mix’es to be the weakest of the auto generated playlists for music discovery.
Spotify’s Discover Weekly and Daily Mixes are much better and Roon Radio also great.

Maybe Roon should create It’s own Daily and Weekly Mix lists based on the Roon Radio algorithm? #roon:feature-requests

2 Likes

LMS 8 is fantastic now.

Qobuz, Tidal and Spotify integration with your own library.

Combine this with the material skin and it’s a seriously great combination.

1 Like

completely agree. still on 7.9.2, and testing LMS 8 on another machine before migrating completely. material is great, and for me, with a homogenous squeezebox network, it’s much quicker than roon, particularly on iOS.

Are you using the web UI on mobile? Or something like iPeng?

I’m using all 3 at varying times.
Material skin is great on the Web and mobile.

Agreed.

I much prefer LMS to Roon now for usability.

The layout seems a lot more logical and as you say, much quicker.

1 Like

Hi Wayne. When using Tidal in LMS, can you add tracks to your Tidal playlists?

Still can’t do that in Roon.

Hi,

It doesn’t look like you can at the moment, only to your library playlists (pretty much like Roon).

LMS 8.0.0. is still in beta version though and being improved all the time so the function may still be added.

Cheers

1 Like

Both Sonos and BluOS (Bluesound) allow editing of Tidal playlists (reordering, adding, and deletes). Makes them much easier and more pleasurable to use than Roon for playlists

4 Likes

I can also add to Tidal playlists in Audirvana too.

Yes, this.

@dabassgoesboomboom Just looking into this a bit more.

You can save a track to your Tidal favourites.

Will keep you posted.

1 Like

+1 for Tidal’s My Mixes being available in Roon.

And please, please don’t do it by letting the Roon Radio algorithm come up with something similar - just let us access the Tidal auto-generated playlists in Roon.

The Roon Radio algorithm is great on some stuff. But it’s bloody awful for some kinds of music, while the Tidal selections are usually much better IME. The Spotify equivalents are possibly even better, but unless/until Spotify and Roon can work together, the Tidal version is decent.

4 Likes

They are darn good recaps of my listening and excellent predictors of what I’ll like.

T.

1 Like

Me too…

USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP) for Android has integrated this on their app, so it should be possible.

1 Like

I’m not sure what the excuse is for not adding this, does seem like a no brainer.

3 Likes

Yes I second this. I have that application.

Come on Roon! This really is ridiculous, NAD’s BluOS and Auralic’s Lightning DS both have Tidal My Mix implementations (Lightning DS being better). Roon is supposed to be the foremost streaming app but is lagging here. If it can’t be done, please tell us why.

3 Likes

The MyMix from Tidal is one of my favorite features for discovering new music. Roon, please implement access for this feature. Thank you.

2 Likes