TIDAL My Mix in roon? [Released in Roon 1.8 (Build 806)]

The same for cheap UPnP applications as BubbleUpnp and mconnect.

Yet another vote for incorporating this is Roon. The only thing that kept me from a lifetime purchase.

3 Likes

+1 for Tidal’s My Mixes being available in Roon.

2 Likes

I have only just come across MyMix I don’t use Tidal that much.

As I have created new playlist from them and Roon sees these.

Strangely I have 5 ways to see Tidal via various devices but only the native Tidal app and MConnect shows MyMix, a Samsung app, Cambridge Audio Stream Magic and of course Roon do not show it.

One thing that comes to mind is that Roon Radio is similar to Tidal My Mix. You just have to choose a song in your library which Roon can base the mix on.
So maybe it would be more constructive give suggestions how Roon Radio can be improved or point out in what way Tidal My Mix does it better.

Perhaps but it would be consistent to have these playlists available for consistency of user experience for playlists .

Just reiterating support for this feature, along with having proper access to Tidal’s editorial playlists.

I can see several playlists relevant to my tastes in Tidal, both My Mix and editorial playlists. But they’re no accessible through Roon. Adding them via the Tidal app might make them show up in Roon, but then they don’t get updated properly.

Roon is effectively getting in the way of using Tidal, the exact opposite of what it should do.

8 Likes

@palbratelund what’s the challenge in implementing this feature? does it require using the Tidal api rather than the db dumps that Roon typically receives from Tidal/Qobuz?

All of this requires a built-in Tidal update, when is it planned? The oldest version of the interfaces from the built-in applications is used. The current version is missing many interesting features and capabilities, not only My Mix, which are in new versions of built-in applications.

I agree - if Spotify had Tidal sound quality - I’d be there in a hot minute.

Roon mixes would be quite interesting - though I think it would have to be with your music library. Room is playback - not music licensing.

That is an interesting idea - if Roon went into the licensing / serving business?

Every week I need to delete and remake 9 playlists inside Tidal app to get My mixes and My new arrivals to Roon. Right now it feels like Tidal integration is broken, at least for me. Here’s quite many threads already in forums about this issue, but no answer from Roon that is it possible, is it qoing to happen or why it’s not going to happen. This feature is now available for almost any app/platform which has Tidal integration (LMS, Plex, BluOs, USB player Pro, Aurender, Lumin etc. etc.) So can we get this feature or can we get some answer at least?

7 Likes

+1 for the integration of tidal my mixes

3 Likes

+1 for MyMixes

2 Likes

This was the 1st thing I was looking for when I made the Tidal integration.

1 Like

I’m sad this didn’t make it into 1.8 :disappointed:

+1 for TIDAL My Mixes showing up in Roon.

1 Like

What I honestly don’t understand is that considering the fact that this feature has been requested by the Roonies since at least 2018, there is still apparently no effort on the part of the developers to address this issue.

Is it too much to ask to write a few words to the community about this?

Maybe there are understandable reasons why this feature cannot be implemented in Roon. Keeping quiet about this topic is certainly not the solution, since it is obviously a feature that many Roon users have been longingly waiting for.

3 Likes

This has been the feature I miss most since I’ve started using Roon in the past month. I really enjoy Roon’s radio feature - but I’ve caught myself bypassing Roon altogether a few times to play a MyMix playlist (which can also be great, but in a different way than Roon’s radio)

The idea of having to manually create/update/delete playlists every week to “keep” this feature is kinda ridiculous, and a non-starter for me. I’ve scoured the forums for reasons why it’s not available, and the closest thing I’ve seen to an official response is speculation from moderators. I’d love to understand the real reason why it’s not available (and if it’s a not-right-now, or never-gonna-happen kind of situation)

1 Like

+1 to fully integrate TIDAL.

1 Like

TIDAL My Mixes are now available in Roon 1.8 (Build 806)!

And don’t forget to check out Your Daily Mixes – 6 mixes created by Valence, delivered to you daily.

4 Likes