TIDAL playback over Roon stops randomly

#Roon Core Machine
Mac Mini M1 with ethernet connection to Fritz wifi router
Roon 1.8 build 988 is being used.
Synology NAS with ethernet connection to Fritz wifi router.

Networking Gear & Setup Details
Fritzbox with wireless connection to KEF LS50 Wireless 2 speakers

Connected Audio Devices
KEF LS50 wireless 2 speakers

Number of Tracks in Library
Approx 10,000 tracks in NAS.

Description of Issue
When playing TIDAL albums or tracks over Roon, playback randomly stops mid track (although the track appears to keep advancing). If I skip the problem track, the sound instantly restarts.

Problem has been evident since Build 988; Previously my setup was working well.

When I use a hardwired ethernet connection to the speakers, the problem remains.

Playback of tracks stored on my NAS is flawless. Roon radio is also fine. So appears to be a Tidal- Roon interface issue.

I can play tracks to the LS50W2s directly from TIDAL without apparent issues.

Internet connection and network speed are excellent. Happy to provide additional info as required.

Seem to recall this might have been an issue others have reported before.

ISSUE RESOLVED. I finally traced this problem to operating the KEF LS50 W2s on a 2,4 Ghz wireless network (I cannot easily hard wire them to my roon core). While this has always worked perfectly fine in the past I strongly suspect the 2.4 Ghz band in my neighborhood has become congested due to an increase in my neighbors’ Wifi usage - there seem to be a lot more networks visible these days. Turning off the 2.4 Ghz band and operating the KEFs on a 5 Ghz network appears to have fixed the problem (and has sped Roon remotes up too). For anyone experiencing this issue in the future I would recommend looking closely at your wifi network performance even if you haven’t changed anything (the broader wireless environment may have changed)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.