Tidal playback stalling on Airplay devices

New release, old problems. I am now back to square one. Playlists with a mixture of tidal and library stall whenever a Tidal track should play.

Roon radio now stalls more frequently as it’s choosing more Tidal tracks again.

If you want logs and specific timing/tracks I will try to take time to do this.

Basically no change to my initial complaint though.

To be clear. I can’t find my copy of the log I sent you so we would need to start again but the problem has not changed since the first set of logs. The later software revisions have not stopped the problem.

Hi @Andy_Jones ,

Have you had a chance to use your ROCK Core further since we last spoke or have you been using your Mac Core?

I’m using it although I have been away from home a bit. Without a forensic examination I have noticed that Roon Radio plays predominately from my library but the same mixed library playlists that hung playback still hang playback. These comments only apply to the Airplay part of my system.

Search is still very slow and pretty hopeless at finding items in my library. In general Tidal retrieval and playback is slow to respond despite having a 200mbs internet connection.

Checked again last night. No change in symptoms. Still can’t play a mixed 96/24 - Tidal playlist over Airplay to Libratone endpoints.

I’ve also had a chance to use a Synology DS920+ as a core and it fails in the same way as the NUC Rock.

Hello @Andy_Jones ,

Have you by any chance tried your Roon Core on another network? I wonder if the Draytek router could be related to the issue.

I changed to an all Ubiquity setup to test that. It still didn’t work. However I had been holding off commenting since the latest update as it may have fixed my problem. Certainly it has improved a lot. I think I have had one unexplained pause since the update.

Please fix iOS playlist ‘play from here’ though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.