Rock 1.8 Build 884, NUC 7i5, 16GB Ram, M.2 250GB, 2TB ext SSD
NUC → Draytek Vigor 2920n via Ethernet, Ethernet → Ubiquity UAP-AC-Pro Access Point,
5 * Libratone Zipp wireless airplay devices
2 * RoPieee endpoints + 2 RoPieee screens
Various iPads, iPhones & Macs functioning as endpoints or remotes.
When playing to airplay devices a mix of library and tidal/qobuz tracks, for example in a playlist (or radio play) transport pauses when the new track loads.
This equipment has previously functioned successfully for 3+ years, the problem behaviour began before Christmas.
RoPieee endpoints still function properly. Checked logs and discovered the airplay devices are suspending playback.
message from logs - received transport control from endpoint integration: suspend
I have tried starting a blank system, problem still persists ( I do have logs from that effort too)
To reiterate, this system has been working fine until December.
I am using cloudflare DNS 18.104.22.168 and every item on the network that has an ethernet port is hardwired. I use static IP addresses set by the Draytek router.
The problem is entirely repeatable although roughly once in 25 times it might work properly.
I understand that these problems are often attributed to network issues but I’m not sure why Tidal works fine to RoPieee endpoints using the same router/fibre connection but Airplay devices are suspending playback while waiting for the stream.
I have tried playlists where the tracks are both 44/16 to see if it’s an aspect of data conversion, I’ve tried Qobuz instead of Tidal in case it’s MQA that’s a problem. I’m getting 99% wifi experience on the endpoints in the Ubiquity software suggesting there’s no problem with the wifi connection. I moved the RoPieee endpoints to WiFi and they are able to stream at 96/24 without problem.
I’ve tried breaking up the group of endpoints and streaming to just one, the problem persists. I’ve tried swapping the Ubiquity access point. Factory reset the Libratone endpoints. Logged out of Tidal on any other devices.
The problem also occurs when going from Tidal to Library files. I have tried changing the streaming quality in Tidal settings, problem persists.
When the problem occurs the loading bar appears for a few seconds and the pause symbol changes to a play symbol. Play stops. Play can be started by pressing the play button.
All other endpoints work fine, the Libratone endpoints have been working without problems for years.
Everything has been rebooted, firmware is all up to date. I have been testing to find a solution over the last 3 weeks. The Libratone have no ethernet connectability.