Tidal Playlist not appearing in Roon

Not sure why, and would appreciate some help. Sorry, I am quite new to Roon. Just got it setup, running ROCK on a NUC.
Below is a screenshot of my playlist in the Tidal app:

But I am not able to see it in the Roon app:

I am wondering why Christmas Pop on my playlist in Tidal does not show up on Roon?

Thanks for the help, appreciate it. Larry

Maybe try going to the Roon settings for the Tidal service and click sync library now. I think Roon only syncs once a day or somehing like that.

1 Like

Forcing a synchronisation should do it, but I am intrigued in your playlist to test loudspeakers, would you mind sharing the content?

Hello @Larry_Quek,

Have you been able to have the playlist show up by pressing the TIDAL “Sync Now” button? Located here:

Please let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Noris

3 Likes

Hi Noris,

Will try that, thanks.

By the way, do you know why I am not able to sign into Tidal with Roon a Plex Pass + Tidal account? Is it because Tidal is from a partner (Plex) account it is not allowing it to sign in, in Roon?

Regards, Larry

Hello @Larry_Quek,

Are you able to sign in to the TIDAL web player using your Plex + TIDAL account? https://listen.tidal.com/

Does that same login work in Roon or is there a specific error message that you’re seeing?

Thanks,
Noris

Yes, I am able to sign in on Tidal.com or Tidal app on Android.

Only in Roon, I am not able to sign in

I have a Plex + Tidal Subscription which is setup in Plex

But not able to sign into this Tidal account, though I check the user name and password is correct, I get following message from Roon site:

But when I go to the Tidal app, I am able to sign in with the user name and password.

Has anyone come across such an issue? Is it because the account is a Plex + Tidal, in Roon it does not allow sign in to Tidal?

Regards, Larry

I think it is something on Roon server as I even tried and sign up for a free trial on Tidal (with a different email account, independent of Plex + TIdal account) and then try signing on with this new account on Roon, still same error – “Bad user name or password”.
Is there someway to reset ROCK, Roon server?

I am able to sign in on Tidal app or Tidal.com, no problem.
Only in Roon, not able to sign on

Hello @Larry_Quek,

Can you try rebooting your ROCK machine and let me know if that helps? There are two ways to do this:

1. Through the ROCK’s physical power button
  2. Through the ROCK WebUI (recommended):

Please let me know you are able to sign in after rebooting.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Noris,

I reset the Roon Database and Settings

Now it is working, thanks, Larry

Hi Noris,

I would like to switch my music library to Mycloud NAS PR2100

How do I go about to set it up?

I tried http:\mycloud.com
and also the ip address of the NAS but not successful

I tried following:
But I am not sure what to fill in the network share location. I have tried : http://192.168.7.151/ or http://myclould.com
Does not seem to work.

Hello @Larry_Quek,

You would need to add it using these instructions.

I would type smb://192.168.7.151/Share_Name/Folder_Name in the Network Share Location and put your credentials for the Mycloud NAS in Username/Password. Please also be sure to set the Mycloud NAS as a Reserved IP Address in your Router settings to ensure that it doesn’t change.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Noris,

What did I do wrong?

Sorry to keep bothering you.

Regards, Larry

You have all the slashes the wrong way round.

Hello @Larry_Quek,

No bother at all. I have not previously seen email addresses be used for Username/Password combinations so I would take a look there first. This should be the same credentials that you login with on your MyCloud and as @CrystalGipsy pointed out, the slashes are in the wrong way.

Thanks,
Noris

Got it, my mistake, as usual, for not having better understanding of network ip address and meaning. Thanks for your assistance.

1 Like

Just wanted to share that this technique (Services/TIDAL/EDIT sync library now) worked for me. Thank you so much! It was frustrating building a playlist in TIDAL and then not having it appear in Roon; this solved the issue on 9/26/2019 for me.

1 Like