Tidal - Problems loading media artwork and playing

Hi

I have a HifI tidal subscription and it has been solid as rock but recently its been extremely slow in loading the albums.Also when I select an album to play it wont.

My core is a i5 NUC with 16Gb RAM and 256Gb M2 SSD. Running Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

My broad band connection is 300Mbit/s.

When I play local content it is good its just with Tidal.

Can somebody please advise

Rgds

Martin

Try clearing the Tidal cache as a first port of call.

1 Like

Hello @Martin_Morgan,

I wanted to check in with you here to see if you were still experiencing issues after performing a TIDAL cache clear. If you are please let me know.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi

Thanks for checking in.

I can’t access that page it says access denied

Hello @Martin_Morgan,

Have you tried Ged’s instructions as to clear the TIDAL cache yet? I would give that a try if you have not. We have also seen users have a better TIDAL experience in the past if they change their DNS servers from the ISP provided ones to Google DNS or Cloudflare DNS. Can you please give this a try and let me know if it helps?

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Noris

I am unable to try to do the TIDAL cache thing as I cant access the link it says access denied.

However I can confirm that I am already using Google DNS.

The poor performance appeared after the last upgrade, although I cant be sure

Rgds

Martin

Hi Noris

Ok after abit of searching i have deleted the cache and it has cured the problem thankyou.

However there seems to be another problem now.

When I look at the MQA album titles i used to see an album 14.12.16 by Ibrahim Maaloof, which i enjoy a lot, however its not in the listing now. If i search under the artist I can find it. Concerns me that there might be other titles i cant see

Hello @Martin_Morgan,

Glad to hear that the TIDAL cache clear has helped! Where exactly have you seen this album?

If it is under the TIDAL -> What’s New Tab then it is possible that TIDAL has replaced that album with something else as their “featured” album in that listing.

Thanks,
Noris