Tidal/Qobuz media is loading slowly. This may indicate a network problem. Unable to start streaming

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac Mini 2018 3.6 Quad-Core Intel Core i3 / Catalina / 10.15.5
Roon Version 1.7 build 571

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Latest BT router with an ethernet connection to Mac Mini.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Bluesound node on Wifi to Mac mini
Bluesound node hard-wired to hifi

Description Of Issue

My setup has worked well for around a year but during the past 2 or three weeks I am continually having problems streaming both Tidal and Qobuz with the error messages:-

Tidal media is loading slowly. This may indicate a network problem. Unable to start streaming.

or

Qobuz media is loading slowly. This may indicate a network problem. Unable to start streaming.

If I am playing a playlist with a mix of Tidal, Qobuz and library tracks on the Mac Mini my playlist will only play mostly my library versions unless I try to restart a streaming media track two or three times.

On my Imac, next to the Bluessound Node, with a wifi connection to the same router, I am getting 52.3 Mbps download speed and 16.4 upload with library media playing and 65.1 Mbps download speed and 16.6 upload without library media playing.

My Tidal subscription is ‘Tidal Hifi’ ie MQA

My Qobuz subscription is ‘Studio Premier’ ie Hifi

Have you tried any troubleshooting such as rebooting everything including your router?

Hello @Alan_Wood1, and thanks for your report! Are you seeing this issue when playing to system output of your mac mini? What if you connect the Bluesound to your router via Ethernet instead?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.