Tidal skipping intermittently

Status
Tried on several different macOS 12.2 (21D48) computers (iMac Pro, MacBook Pro i7 and M1Max too), in different homes with different ISPs and active IT devices too, tried different DNS servers too. Mostly happens between 0:37 - 1:20, then the forthcoming track works until 0:30-1:00, then stops.

I invite you to connect to one of my Mac computers through Teamviewer or any other ways remotely to check it in real-time if it helps you. No other streaming services (Apple Music, Tidal, Netflix, Youtube, etc) has any similar problem. I m fairly sure it is not a track-related problem, it is not an MQA or non-MQA problem, it happens old Tidal files and new files too.

I tried to switch off Apple’s IP address hiding as well, did not help.

I tried to use the latest developer beta from Apple too, it did not help.

Following your latest advice, I not even rebooted my developer MacBook Pro, but completely reinstalled it, reinstalled Roon completely too. It did not help at all, same happens right now.

I am pretty sure it is a kind of CDN issue.

It is strange.
I booted my iMac Pro 3 hours ago, where I did not change anything, after fighting with my Macbook Pro for days (with the same macOS 12.2 (21D48) as the Macbook Pro is), same network, and it works properly now as it should.
I did not change anything.

As I have written last night it works now flawlessly. I left a long playlist to be played for all night and it worked through the night too. Even without the double restart, in Hungary. Thanks for your efforts.

It worked faultlessly until roughly an hour ago, now it does the same, as earlier, skipping tracks then stops.

@fer_ko - I’d try a complete shutdown of your core device. Then unplug it for 10 minutes. Then reboot.

Lastly, shut down Roon server and restart twice.

This is not official advice, obviously, but it won’t hurt anything.

PS - What device are you running Roon Server on?

I did it. All the cables were disconnected for roughly 15 minutes.
I am using an iMac Pro at the moment, but the problem was there since roughly Christmas, with my different Intel and M1 Max Macbook Pros too.
Yesterday it worked, now it does not.

Do you have a PC you can try using? This might help with debugging - to see if it’s a problem with your current server versus something that affects everything.

Please read my posts from yesterday.
I have no problem with my server and network.
Thanks for trying to help, anyway. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey @fer_ko, we think you’re having a different problem than what was described in the original thread, so I split out your posts so we can work with you directly.

I’ve enabled diagnostics and will make sure the team takes a closer look on Monday. In the meantime, could you describe your network in more detail? Specifically, the model names of any routers/switches you have, connection types (wifi/ethernet), and any firewalls, antivirus, or VPN software.

And if you could, please let me know what audio devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB, HDMI, Roon Ready, etc. Thanks!

Roon Core:
Roon Core: iMac Pro, 18 core Xeon, 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD (iMacPro1,1)
Roon version: latest
Number of tracks: 216 000 (when I reinstall Roon with no local drive connected and generate a new database with much less tracks, or I disconnect the local drives completely with the original database, the skipping remains)

Networking:
Ethernet switch: Cisco SG 350-10 (all management features switched off, used as a basic switch)
Router: Netgear C6250EMR
Internet connection: Cable modem in the router, speed: 400 Mbit/s upload/100 Mbit/s download, minimum guaranteed: 50/10 Mbit/s
Networking: 10 Gbit connection of iMac Pro to the Gigabit of the Cisco. Cisco is connected to the router with Gigabit. ( I tried wifi and an Elgato Thunderbolt 3 to Gigabit Ethernet converter too, disabling all the other connections of the iMac Pro, same result, no difference)
Network cables: AudioQuest Carbon (tried Cat8 industrial cables, skipping remained), maximum cable length is about 2m
Notes:

• No Firewall, or VPN is used
  • Switching Apple’s new IP privacy mode off does not help.

Connected devices:
Roon Bridge: MiniDSP SHD Studio, connection Gigabit, connected to the Cisco switch
USB DAC: The same MiniDSP SHD Studio (result is the same, no difference in skipping)

All firmware in all active devices upgraded and are the latest, according to the manufacturer’s recommendations

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.