Tidal stop playing and Roon jumps to the next title (local and Qobuz are ok)

To all the non believers and supporters of It’s your network issue: :wink:

Today I realized, that the Issue with TIDAL server outages can be very local.

At 15 o’clock the diagram about outages from Tidal crashed trough the ceiling and I was listening to Roon via Tidal flawless.

When I looked at the outages map I found out that a few people from Munich have reported but by far most people from the Netherlands were involved.

Statistics today of 11h Tidal streaming: 0 issues (without changing anything in network) :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @dylan, @noris,
Some more cases (3) to analyze as requested (within 2 days).
This is more out of the real life - not to system output. (always Bluesound Node 2i output)
Still issues with TIDAL. Tidal was more on the surface today but not that bad from the Roon perspective.
The issues are marked at the beginning in each file.
Good luck. :wink:
When do I get some feedback.

PS: I’ve moved DNS from the QNAP Server from Google DNS to Cloudfare 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1

1 Like

Hi @dylan, @noris,
the statistics of the day(s) - from the lonesome rider ahhhh test guy. :wink:

10 hours test yesterday and 14+ hours test today, June, 15th 2021 with output to 3 different zones - all Bluesounde Node 2i with NO issues! :smiley: :heart_eyes:

No changes at all (no different use case, no changed network settings, same router config FritzOS 7.21, all like the two days before with Cloudfare DNS)
Small, minor hiccups during switch back and forth between Roon remotes (Android/PC) but it had no result in playback.

TIDAL server outages:

@Dylan - when do I get some feedback about the other issues. Did it help?

It all could lead to the same results - is Roon robust enough for the world outside?
No internal network issues. (Some) Win10 PC machines are more critical than QNAP Roon server machines. Or TIDAL has improved their data flow.
At least I’m not aware of any changes.

I’ll keep you up to date and I have a big wish for Christmas - please optimize Roon for more robustness (together with TIDAL and Qobuz) for all the fans und frustrated lovers of Roon. :wink:
I guess we will be all thankful - for sure I will be.

2 Likes

Hi @dylan, @noris,

here are the statistics of June 16th and 17th, 2021
Major impact at June,16th 14:40 o’clock with TIDAL server outage!!
2 incidents with 4 and 8 skips - TIDAL quality s**ks! - Not included in the log files - but shows the noise in the internet!

Besides that one incident (10%) on June 16th at 07:41 (listed at the beginning in the log file)
and one incident (skip) at June 17th, 22:02 (listed at the beginning in the log file) - both to Bluesound Node 2i

Thanks.

1 Like