Tidal stop playing and Roon jumps to the next title (local and Qobuz are ok)

Statistics for today, May, 21st, 2021, System Output; Tidal and Qobuz mix, about 9 hours music play
Qobuz: 0 issues
TIDAL: 6 issues (3 skips and 3 times percentage issues).
Just to let you know. :wink:

1 Like

Statistics for today, May, 22nd, 2021, different Bluesound Node 2i Outputs; Tidal and Qobuz mix, Quality ā€œMasterā€; about 14,5 hours music play
Qobuz: 0 issues (just 2 albums; approx. 1.5h)
TIDAL: 0 issues :grinning:
Changes to yesterday: nothing, besides all roon Android remotes are on Build 795 too (sorry and quality is higher now and endpoints). I guess this never happend before. Great.

@David_Ford, I think you are having the same problem as @Francois_De_Heel, which we improved considerably in that release.

Itā€™s unclear if peter is having the same issue.

1 Like

Hi @Danny,
I had a decent amount of listening yesterday - initially Qobuz/Tidal/Library - mixed - with no issues.
Then went Qobuz only (Iā€™ll be ending my Tidal sub in June anyway) and spent another five hours or so - again with no issues.
So, whatever the issue was for me - the release of 795 seems to have worked for me.
Obviously time will tell, but at present am happy to get my listening back to normal.
Thank you.!

Iā€™m having a lot of skipping issues at the moment too. I donā€™t know this for certain but it seems like it has got worse after the recent update.

@support Iā€™ve never had skipping problems before, but since the 795 update, itā€™s skipping like a trouper, each time causing a jump to the next track. Not enjoyable, and not really useable. Exclusively local library, wired to router. Normal equipment resets performed, no change.

Hi @danny, @dylan,
Statistics for today, May, 23rd, 2021, different Bluesound Node 2i Outputs; just Tidal, Quality ā€œMasterā€; about 12 hours music play, internet speed always like hell.
TIDAL: 3 issues,

1. Skip 13:26 Iron & Wine, ā€œWhy hate the winterā€ CD quality,
  2. Skip 15:36 Ben Howard, ā€œRookeryā€, CD quality,
  3. 18:22 35% Manchester Orchestra, ā€œInaudibleā€, MQA 48kHz,

Changes to yesterday: nothing,
Tidal server outages showed something at 13:26 and a little bit later than the second incident.
Just a question (red hering?): I always run my core PC but I did the main checks and other things with my tablet and quite often Iā€™ve checked the results with my Android tablet (Samsung Galaxy 5e with Android 10 (latest version)).
Sometimes when I turn on my tablet and go to roon, there are little hiccups (I get short messages like connection interrupted for less than a second). These were minor things to me, but is there any possibility that the Android roon remote gadget has an influence to these issues?
By now I do not see a clear relationship - Iā€™ll watch.
I think the TIDAL streaming stability has been improved.

Statistics for May, 24th, 2021, different Bluesound Node 2i Outputs; just Tidal, Quality ā€œMasterā€; about 3,5 hours music play, internet speed always like hell (>900Mbps).
TIDAL: 6 issues within 20 minutes (23:xx oā€™clock) :cry:

First till 4. Skips at PJ Harvey album ā€œUh HUH Her Demosā€ different tracks, MQA 96kHz
Fifth till 6. Skips at Manchester Orchestra album at ā€œMillion masks of Godā€ tracks, MQA 48kHz,

Changes to yesterday: nothing
Tidal server outages clearly showed issues at that time (23:xx oā€™clock), but I was streaming TV as well.
No hiccups with the Android tablet (Samsung Galaxy 5e with Android 10 (latest version)).
One issue occured exactly when I switched back from Android remote to the Roon PC version and checked the situation.

Since the last Roon update Tidal streaming has also been basically unusable for me. Doesnā€™t matter if Iā€™m streaming to my phone or laptop or dac, drops out usually before an entire song even plays. Playback has always been reliable until last update and I havenā€™t made any configuration changes.

@dylan , @noris,
number of issues are NOT changeing and they are a daily companion. :cry:
In addition to that I havenā€™t found any communication from Roon side about that issue.
I would be very grateful for some feedback. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Hi @danny

Good morning Danny, any news about it?
Thanks. :wink:

Hi @danny, @dylan,
screenshot from our daily business - when will we get something else? :cry:
Now I can say no matter what machine Roon is running on (at least WIN10 and QNAP TS-473A are NOT working without issues under my circumstances).

And I just want to be fair - 10+ hours without any issue :smiley: and then bam, bam within half an hour.

Please - Solution? Communication? Status of communication with TIDAL? :roll_eyes:

Have you tried playing back local files? Perhaps the problem is with the NAS, as it does seem to be the common denominator? Copy some music files to a local attached drive, and add it to the library to test.

Update: Ok, so that was probably a worthless comment, issue seems to be only with Tidal.

Hi @mikeb,
I have no problem with playing tracks from this NAS TS-473A or the other NAS which was a TS-212.
Local NAS titles and Qobuz are 100% out of any issues and work flawless.
TS-473A is a recommended NAS also, all performance figures are very good (plenty of RAM still available, plenty of network speed); Internet as stated many times >900Mbps (today morning 1050 measured at the PC)

So why is the NAS the issue? What leads you to that?

I made trials with Router- Cat6 cable - PC (with core) to system output - same deal.

Okay, I understand - havenā€™t seen this before. :wink:
No big deal. :smiley:

My theory is still - Roon is not tolerant enough to the real world which is not that ideal enough.
(Greetings to Danny, maybe a red hering)
And TIDAL takes part of that issue.

@dylan, @noris

Some statistics for the new QNAP Roon Server machine with TIDAL streaming:
Yesterday 0 issues!!! 14+ hours
But not today, some issues at about 7:30 oā€™clock and also at about 22:15 oā€™clock.
In total maybe something like 8-9 (most in two blocks) and all with Tidal server outages shown.

At 22:17 oā€™clock after several skips I switched to TIDAL App and it was just flawless.

McIntosh Music Radio without issues and a small amount of error messages without any influence.

Please - communication? Status of communication with TIDAL? :roll_eyes:
Thanks

@dylan, @noris,
It seems like Iā€™m doing this just for documentation and some other interested people which also donā€™t think itā€™s their fault because of their network.

When will we get any kind of feedback before Rebeka will clean up and will send apologies?

Here are the statistics for June, 5th 2021:
6 TIDAL streaming issues in 14+ hours TIDAL streaming time.

And here is the diagram of Tidal server outages today for all people that think it depends on my equipment or my network.

Screenshot 2021-06-05 23_14 TIDAL outages
TIDAL Outages reported at the german webpage

As almost always - the peaks fit together with the TIDAL skips in roon.
Again, just when I switch to the TIDAL App I donā€™t hear these hiccups.

Here are also some positive feedback after 4 full days with the roon core running on a new QNAP TS-473A with M.2 SSD with more than 3000MB/s read speed.
Roon core works quite good together with the remotes from PC or Android roon remote.
The hiccups at the Android remote disappeared (freezed, longer reacting times,ā€¦),
The scanning time for music is quite fast.
I guess all the performance figures are also good and roon runs very smooth.

Although the calculation power is a little bit less (15-17% roon DSP figures) than from the Win 10 PC it runs better.
Power consumption from the QNAP for roon is very, very low.

I do not play with DSP or something (if I upsample Hifi to 176kHz the CPU usage increases to about 8%).

Unfortunately the TIDAL streaming hiccups are about the same (but almost not possible to compare).

I have the feeling that the sound quality has increased (just feeling, no direct comparison).
An extreme test with a 900ā‚¬ power cable to the QNAP was negative - no sound improvement.

If someone has tested a better power supply at the QNAP - please let me know.

If a Highend HiFi fan has some good advice for better roon DSP settings - please report to me.
My HiFi is rather upper end.
Thanks

PS: Thanks again to all the people which helped so far! :handshake:

1 Like

Hi @Peter_Kuehnel

Can you provide some examples of skips (playing to System Output of a remote) from this new Core? Weā€™ll take a look.

@dylan, @noris
It didnā€™t take long but only one incident within 4 hours (which is good by the way). :slight_smile:

I guess the issue started at 21:15:55, Artist: Rise Against, title ā€œSudden Urgeā€ MQA 96, played for 5%
I stripped the log also down.
Needless to say - exact at this time someone reported a case at TIDAL server outages (it was not me!).
Iā€™ll run another trial on Tuesday.
At what case are we 1) or 2) or 3)? :roll_eyes:

:wink:

1 Like

@dylan, @noris,
Hi guys, here are 3 examples - I guess different topics. I stripped the log down for easier handling.
I let it play for about 10 hours (June 9th, 2021).

Issues are at:
11:20 skip at Rufus Wainright ā€œRomantical Manā€ (TIDAL issue?)
15:44 40% at Gaywin Mikhail ā€œBeautiful Peopleā€ and
19:38 10% at Paul Weller ā€œBaptisteā€

In general no major issues at TIDAL today (except around 11:20), so itā€™s maybe not the best day for TIDAL issues)

Maybe you can tell me something about all four issues (7th and 9th of June) (if they are different topics).
Please also reply if I should change something. I wanna get it fixed.

Thanks a lot. :wink:

PS: By the way I just got bla, bla. bla feedback from TIDAL about my 3 tickets in 36 days!