Tidal stop playing

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon ROCK - last release - NUC 8i3

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Samsung S9+, very last firmware, no root, 4G connection, Tidal single user subscription HiFi

Description Of Issue
… on mobile while I was outside home with a message like “Tidal stop playing because another user is using the service” (roughly… I don’t remember exact words… was a popup on mobile). this is the first time this happen since my subscription (6 month old) is active

I checked and nobody was at home, so nobody was using Rock… nobody else was playing music from Tidal account

doubt/question: is it the core of Rock that is doing something (scanning something or refreshing something or…) and Tidal recognize it as access to their service? … if this is the case (hope it isn’t as the target was to have Rock running 24/7), is there somewhere a setting (in Rock) to define a time zone (example: all the night from 2,00) where Rock can perform activities without generating mishap?

thanks in advance for your kind reply

Hi @Paolo_C,

If you were playing TIDAL content in Roon and trying to play from the mobile app at the same time this could certainly happen. If you are not playing TIDAL content in Roon, though, there is nothing that Roon is doing that should be causing this error.

My advice would be to change your TIDAL password just in case it is being used elsewhere and see if the same behavior persists.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.