Tidal stopped and wont work again

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Rock on NUC8i3BEH, OS 1.0 build 227, Roon 1.7 build 667.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

From my ISP modem I have a cable going to ubiquiti EdgeRouter X then to a switch to Rock and my PC, which I use to control rock.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

I’m using a Schiit bifrost 2 DAC.

Description Of Issue

Tidal stopped working two days ago with the pink box asking to try retry the connexion. I tried but it didn’t work.
So I tried to disable de service and retry inserting the Tidal account information. Everything goes fine, I’m redirected to Tidal website, input my account information and receive the “You’ve successfully connected your TIDAL account. Return to Roon if your browser doesn’t automatically redirect you…” information on the website. But when I get back to roon I still see the login/sign up prompt on roon.

Have you tried any basic troubleshooting such as rebooting everything?

Yes, I did.
I also tried using my PC as a server, and in my PC it works, so it’s a problem relate just to rock.
I’ll try rebooting everything one more time and changing some cables/connections.

Rick is easy enough to reinstall if you run out if things to test.

Yeah, I know that.
But transferring all my files back to rock is not something I’d like to do.
Considering recently Roon had some problems with Tidal integration I figured something related might be happening.

Sorry for the trouble here, @nerone!

What kind of remote are you using to sign in to TIDAL? And what browser? Can you try a different browser or remote and let us know if the same issue is occurring?

Hi @dylan

I’m using my desktop PC as remote most of the time but I also tried using my iPad, iPhone and Android phone.
Browsers were
PC: firefox and microsoft edge
ipad/iphone: safari
android: opera

All lead to about the same result. The browser redirects me to Roon (blinking roon on taskbar on my PC), and nothing happens.

Hello @nerone, could you please try with Chrome and let me know if that works? Have you tried with your firewall/antivirus disabled? Also, do you have any issues using the TIDAL app on that same machine?

Hello @nuwriy.
I just tried using chrome and with disabled kaspersky protection, the result is the same.
I have no problem using Tidal on any of my devices other than rock, either with their app or with web based streaming.

Hello @nerone, and thanks for trying that! Can you tell me if this is a managed or unmanaged switch? Also, could you please reproduce the issue one more time and reply here with a timestamp (in your local timezone) when you do so I can enable diagnostics for your account? Thanks!

Hello @nuwriy, i guess i figured it out. I tried changing some configurations on the edgerouter, and disabled it’s firewall entirely, then everything worked again.
If you’d be willing, I could do as you say and enable the firewall again and reproduce the error with diagnostics enabled, so you can identify and solve the issue.
Let me know if this can be done.

Hello @nerone, do you have program level firewall exceptions for Roon and RAAT? Sounds like you found where the problem is!

Hello @nuwriy!
No, I don’t have exceptions created. I’m not that proficient in IT, I just know a bit of logic and how to follow a tutorial.
Is there anything on how to create exceptions for Roon?
I don’t think RAAT would need exceptions, as reproduction of local files was working.

Hello @nerone, my apologies for the confusion there. I spoke with my team about the issue and they recommended that you enable the IGMP Multicast setting on the router using the directions found here. Please let me know if that helps!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.