TIDAL stops playing on Synology

I am having same problem with Tidal syncing. Also after I play an album, the system starts playing something similar and then just stops playing. Happens on all different situations.
My system is Synology 710+, Bricasti M1se with network board as endpoint and small green computer I 7 with Roon core. Asus router and Araknis switch.

Hi @Jeffrey_Glacken,

It sounds like you are playing Roon Radio and that is what is the actual issue here, is that correct? Does the rest of your TIDAL playback continue to work as expected or do all types of tracks (even manually selected ones) experience this issue?

When this happens, all music is frozen. I cannot play anything at all.
It seems to lock up the Bricasti endpoint and I have to reconfigure the Bricasti.
Yes, I think it is In Radio when it happens.

Hi @Jeffrey_Glacken,

When this issue occurs do any of your other zones continue to work as expected? Is the Bricasti the only zone impacted by this behavior?

How exactly do you “reconfigure” the Bricasti? Do you power cycle it or disable/enable it in Roon Settings -> Audio?

I only have one zone, the Bricasti.

I usually disable and then enable, but it also works if I power it off

Hi @Jeffrey_Glacken,

Can you please let me know the exact local time + date + track you next encounter this issue on? I would like to enable diagnostics mode for your account after getting this info. Thanks!

8:40pm, April 1st-Avi Maria-Anne Akiko Meyers,The Bach
Last track of the album, just stopped after it with no radio, similar etc. Tidal syncing again

Noris, what do you think?

What do you use to control the system, the core or another device?

I use ipad

Try playing to the output of the iPad and see if that works ok.

That does not work after iPad enabled

Doesn’t play at all or what?

After I disabled the Bricasti it played on the iPad!

I looked up araknis switches, they seem to be managed. There can be problems with Roon and managed ones. It might be worthwhile buying a cheap unmanaged switch and seeing if it makes any difference of seeing if you can plug them all in the router.

My araknis is the 100 series and they are unmanaged

1 Like

Hi @Jeffrey_Glacken,

Thanks for letting me know the timestamp. I have activated diagnostics mode for your account and what this action should have done is upload a log set to our servers, but unfortunately I am not seeing any logs being delivered.

Can you please try to manually locate the log files? You should be able to do so by navigating to Sonicorbiter.com -> Manage -> Apps -> Roon and find a link to the logs there. Can you please archive the log set and upload them to Dropbox / Google Drive and post a link here?

After you do this, if you have another PC around the house, I would also suggest trying to use another Roon Core. You can make the switch by using these instructions:

• Open Roon on the other PC you wish to try as the Core
  • Roon Settings -> General
  • Disconnect
  • On the “Choose your Core” screen, press “Use this PC”
  • If asked to Unauthorize, you can go ahead and do so. You are limited to one active Roon Core at a time but you are free to switch between them as often as you’d like.
  • Verify if the same behavior occurs on the different PC

It would be interesting to note if the other PC exhibits the same behavior with your Bricasti, thanks!

can you go to 198.168.1.137
I don’t know how to archive and don’t have dropbox.

I have enabled my Mac and it is playing. Only shows 33 albums tho.

Hi @Jeffrey_Glacken,

It is not possible for us to access a private IP address on your network, it is only accessible from devices connected to your local network. I can private message you alternate upload instructions and of achieving the logs, all you would need to do is right-click -> compress on MacOS or right-click -> send to -> compressed zip folder.

Yes, this is because your old database lives on the Synology, so not seeing the full database is expected while the Mac is being tested. Do you have similar behavior there or just on the Synology Core?