Tidal - Too Many Failures, Stopping Playback! Help Please!

I really think it’s something to do with the ROON Grouping of all my three devices. I’m going to UnGroup them now… and first off try having my ROON Core 1.8 Legacy app software running the Bluesound Node 2i that’s driving a pair of Audio Engine A5+ desktop speakers and that is directly connected to my MacPro via Optical and direct to the internet via Ethernet cable direct into my network providers Router. I have a Bluesound PowerNode 2i also in my same office… running a pair of B&W 603 S2 Speakers… so after I establish the Node2i is performing stable, I will try and add my PowerNode 2i that’s in the same office… currently connected via Powerline adapter… but as these two devices are about 10ft from my main router… I will disconnect the Powerline adapter from the PowerNode 2i and run that via WiFi only and see how that smaller group performs… and try and one by one, isolate where the issue could be coming from. I don’t think it’s a corrupted database… I use ROON for streaming purposes only and only for the past three years or so… so my collection is not massive… 6,773 Albums and 60,124 tracks.

Thanks again for all your insights Axel… they are all very much appreciated.

Anthony

1 Like

I have been using these self same Powerline Adaptors for years, I have the same setup for years, literally nothing has changed. But with the Powernode 2i in my office… as it’s only 10ft away from my main Office Router, I will disconnect that and let that device connect using WIFI only to see if that helps. Thanks again for all your generous advice, suggestions and concern. It’s very much appreciated.

Anthony

I was in the same situation - macpro5,1, 6 cores, SSD for system, 18TB total HD space.

If you’re comfortable reinstalling the system, I would highly recommend you install macOS Monterey using the OpenCore Legacy Patcher method. I did because, although I don’t run Roon Core on this macpro, I do curate my library there and did not want to change this. I was a bit reluctant but it all works amazingly well.

There’s another IMPORTANT advantage of doing this if you run your core on this machine: Microsoft’s native .NET library is supported on Catalina onwards. What this means is Roon Core will run MUCH better and faster since it will not need to rely on mono libraries (Roon is written in .NET).

Check this out:

2 Likes

That’s how I would do it.
I wish you fast success!

1 Like

Hi Miguelito…

Greetings from Ireland… :slight_smile:

You are soooo good to message me with your input… I am tempted… very tempted… I have watched that video about 20 times… lol… I have an SSD installed with macOS Mojave on it… but I have been advised to install on a fresh SSD for the Monterey Patcher Install so that I can revert if there are problems… would you know if I have enough PCI slots to have two SSD drives internally… with the current SSD and my RX580 graphics card it all looks pretty tight. Also, I heard by doing this Monterey install… I will loose WIFI on my MacPro… as it’s not supported… do you know if that is correct…?

Anthony

I should add that the performance of the macpro5,1 running Monterey is amazing. You have a beast of a computer so you should see similar improvements. One thing I would check is your video card (I am using a 680 Metal card).

I did a fresh install, and I would recommend the same. If you run Time Machine or have system backups (given you have 128GB of RAM I imagine you know what you’re doing) you can get back the system as you had it with Migration Assistant. I instead reinstalled what I needed. It’s good cleanup.

1 Like

My wifi works fine. I have the original wifi and bluetooth 2.0 cards. However, I don’t use wifi here but rather twin ethernets.

I actually tried to install that mod for the wifi so as to get BT 4.0 and Airdrop. But it did not work - maybe the wifi+BT card I got was damaged, dunno. So I went back to the original and it works fine.

Finally, do not install Big Sur instead: There’s a strange issue with app permissioning (the Music app would not start!) and the “solution” became to move to Monterey! :slight_smile:

I would recommend you get a new SSD since they are cheap. Reuse your PCIe adapter by removing the current SSD (and this way you have a way to go back if you want to).

PS: When I installed OCLP, there are two system patches that get installed: one for my GTX 680 video card and one for the BT (and wifi?) card(s).

1 Like

All fine and solid advice Miguel… it’s just taking that leap of faith… I was thinking of just buying the new MacPro when it comes out… but that could be still months and months away… and to be honest… for the graphic design work I do… I reckon the Mac Studio M1 Ultra with 20-Core CPU 48-Core GPU 32-Core Neural Engine + 128GB Integrated RAM plus 4TB would be beyond what I even need… but this Monterey Open Core solution could be still worth a try, even if I can squeeze another one or so years out of this very pleasurable to use machine… it’s still performing like a beast every day!!! and has paid for itself many many times over!!! lol

Yours is a BEAST of a machine. I think it is worth a try.

1 Like

This problem can often be traced to network issues.
I didn’t mention this earlier as you’re using Cloudflare DNS, which has been known to improve things, and because I’d thought everything in your system was connected via Ethernet.
As someone else has mentioned powerline adapters can be unreliable.
So as Axel suggested, a good first step would be to enable system output on your Mac Core and listen on this only and see if Tidal plays as it should.
If it does then we know the issue is after your Core.

2 Likes

So far… I have tried outputting to my Bluesound Node2i that is attached by Optical to my MacPro and is itself directly connected to my 1000MB Router and all has played without issue. I selected a random 20 albums and started albums from the start and mid way and selected some EPs and singles too and all have played without issue… a little lag time between pressing play and the track playing… but we are talking 1-2 seconds only. So happy with that… I did that for about 1 hour… I now have my Bluesound PowerNode 2i that is also located in my office now only connected using WIFI as I have removed the Powerline Extender connection… I can see using my Router Dashboard I’m getting 466MB speeds to that device… more than enough for high resolution TIDAL audio playback. So far… my new two devices grouping is also playing flawlessly… but I have only tried a handful of albums… will try more and revert back… is they all play well… the final Bluesound POWERNODE located in my Living Room must be the issue… I will either just leave it out of the group… or I will also remove the WIFI extender + Ethernet connection that currently has and try and operate off the main router WIFI only… that might work… I will see… but at least for now… I seem to have my office audio zone setup back working, in sync and without playback issues.

Again… I’m humbled and appreciative of the incredible generosity and helpfulness of this ROON Community. Many, many thanks to everyone’s input on this issue today.

Regards,
Anthony

3 Likes

That’s good news nonetheless and much better than an issue with your core. Glad you’re on the right track back to your music. Enjoy!

1 Like

I have it fixed… !!! (I hope!!!) I isolated the issue to my new Living Room POWERNODE that was connected to a WIFI Extender using an Ethernet Connection (which I thought would be the best option)… but I have now disconnected the WIFI Extender from that location so that POWERNODE was now operating on WIFI only… I also then moved the WIFI Extender to a new nearby connection where I went from having an Amber (Good) connection to an all Green (Excellent Connection), and now all three devices are back in my Audio Zone group and all TIDAL content plays without issue (so far)… will test more over the coming days. Thanks again everyone!!!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.