TIDAL's new subscription model will be supported in Roon (a little patience)

Is it just me or are many people very demanding and impatient? TIDAL has just changed their subscription model yesterday. Only people who haven’t subscribed to the more expense subscription model before the change are affected (including me). You haven’t been able to listen to high resolution audio from TIDAL in Roon before, so you’re not really missing anything. Is a bit of patience too much too ask?

22 Likes

It didn’t just happen overnight it was announced a while ago and normally partners are told before customers. But it looks like it does affect api overall as the Wiim app also doesn’t seem to work past 44.1/16 where Tidal connect to same device does. So Tidal have dropped the ball on third parties either not letting them know it affects the api or all vendors haven’t had the time to implement changes required.

5 Likes

I agree. Too much noise for just a little bit of ultrasonic noise…

8 Likes

Issue was Roon didn’t know about this until the community raised it in a timely way.
That said it’s no biggie they have responded now.
On the contrary, I think the forum worked very well to help resolve the matter so I’d view it as a very positive interaction between all.
Sorry you feel that way. HAGD.

2 Likes

Hi, Dennis.
That’ message was what we all were waiting for.
“Those who wait patient, will not wait in vain”
Please don’t take too long.
Thx

All good things come to those who wait.

It is being sorted out. Even though it is working here. As I am coming from Tidal HiFi Plus. If wouldn’t be the end of the world if it didn’t work right away.

6 Likes

If high resolution wasn’t worth the extra $9.00 before, why is it so important now that it’s free? Roon is preparing an update that will resolve this issue.

14 Likes

I know, it’s both sad & laughable.

6 Likes

Indeed, there is so much ‘noise’ in the forum now seemingly caused by users posting before reading existing posts on the very issue they are complaining about.

3 Likes

I’m calling for a hunger strike, at least until breakfast time.

4 Likes

I keep subbing to Tidal for a month, trying it… finding random albums I love either in AAC only or still stuck with MQA and then suddenly 24 bit 96/khz on Qobuz and then end up back with Qobuz.

Now I read people are randomly being charged $9 for the DJ plan with no warning and Tidal refuses to refund them.

I was planning on switching to Tidal but Qobuz is just so darn good, and they also don’t push hip hop so heavily! They seem to be more Rock and Jazz focused with the occasional Hip Hop album.

5 Likes

Can you even imagine how long it’s going to take to weed out MQA, they reckoned 10% of the catalog , 11 million tracks.

I would suggest cutting them some slack , they are doing the right thing and no doubt need time to complete the task.

3 Likes

Just found this thread. So indeed it was because of Roon not because of Tidal. As long as someone is doing something about it, I will happily play whatever they serve.

The fun hasn’t even started.
Just wait for all the “night & day” / “lifting of the veil” posts that will come.

7 Likes

Actually it seems to have caught other suppliers off guard as well wiim have just issued an update. So perhaps a combination.

The issue is not related to MQA.

1 Like

It’s not that, one album I frequently go back to is only available in low bitrate AAC. Not even MQA.

1 Like

Those not thinking this is an issue don’t have the issue obviously. Roon had months to get this ready, months! Roon is for audiophiles and ONLY support 2 worldwide sources and one is now audiophile quality. I have Tidal for discovery and bigger library and QoBuz for hires, that doesn’t mean I don’t want or deserve Tidal in hires now that I’m eligible for it. I was ready to cancel QoBuz but now can’t until Roon get their act together. Oh but there is file browsing, yawn… :slight_smile:

Not sure what you are on about but MAX is fixed in the latest release.