Toggle Last.fm Scrobbling by Service

There’s an issue with Last.fm scrobbling and Qobuz where if you have scrobbling enabled through both roon and Qobuz, Qobuz tracks played in roon are scrobbled twice (once via roon + once via Qobuz).

I understand from threads in the support section of the forums that this is due to the way Qobuz has implemented the API, and it’s been suggested that we can resolve this by disabling scrobbling in either roon or Qobuz. That’s less than ideal, though, as I use Qobuz both with and without roon.

To better mitigate/eliminate the duplication issue, it would be nice if roon would let us toggle scrobbling by service (e.g. Library, Tidal, Qobuz) or at least disable Qobuz scrobbling while keeping Library/Tidal scrobbling active. An implementation along those lines, if possible, would eliminate the duplication.

Thanks!

EDIT: See: Last.fm Scrobbling

2 Likes

Having just migrated over from Tidal where no such issue existed, this double-scrobbling from Qobuz while using Roon is annoying. If it is not possible to disable Qobuz scrobbling within Roon (it’s not), then the easiest workaround would be to switch off Qobuz app scrobbling whenever I return home, but unfortunately this cannot be done from their iPhone app and requires a longer process going through the desktop browser.
First world problems, :relaxed:

1 Like

I am affected by this bug as well. There is a duplicate feature request.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/last-fm-scrobbler-toggle-for-qobuz-tidal-local/158974/2

It is not practical to disable scrobbling on the qobuz side because I need to use qobuz directly whenever I’m not at home. Additionally the qobuz Android app does not allow editing the last.fm setting.

I think the cleanest solution is to have a roon option to disable scrobbling on qobuz while leaving it on for other sources.

1 Like

This feature would definitely be appreciated!

I just realized looking at my last.fm stats from last year (my first year with Roon), that something must be off in the numbers and started to suspect something along these lines… And verified by testing that indeed there’s double counting of Qobuz tracks played via Roon :cry:

Likewise I do also use Qobuz outside of Roon (when on the go, at the office etc) AND also Tidal, which however doesn’t seem to behave similarly – so with this setup the only way to make the stats actually work from all 3 services, would be to have the requested service-specific toggle at Roon’s end!

I do realize this is an extremely nerdy use case, but I’d dare to say that Roon is built for exactly music nerds like us – and before Roon offers an amazing statistics service on their own, having a properly functioning integration to Last.fm would be essential.

On the bare minimum, there should be some sort of disclaimer in the last.fm integration config that scrobbling both from Roon and Qobuz will lead to double counting, so people can make an informed decision BEFORE messing up their stats!