Too Many Dropouts - Killing Stream

I’ve just been experimenting with grouping my endpoints into a single zone, to check on whether the stream stays in sync.

They do, but after an hour or two of playback (using the Radio feature and with FLAC 44.1 kHz 16 bit files in my collection), I’m finding that Roon is reporting “too many dropouts”, and skipping to the next (Radio) track.

Is there something I can do to help resolve this issue?

Hi Geoff,

I would start by removing the WLAN RPi3 from the group and see if it still happens.

Or maybe group two zones and see if it causes the issue. Then keep adding a zone at a time.

I’m just wondering is its one of the zones that is causing the issue.

Cheers, Greg

@Greg, thanks - good suggestion. I’ll try it. It wouldn’t surprise me if the WLAN RPi3 is the culprit. I’ll try this tomorrow and report back. Cheers.

Edit to add: I’ve had the microRendu and the RPi2+ HifiBerry (both wired connections) grouped for some time now, and not had this issue, so a WLAN connection in the group may be a factor

Well, it looks as though using the RPi3 connected via WLAN is simply too unreliable. I get too many dropouts reported. The RPi3 can only connect via 24 GHz 802.11n - and this just doesn’t seem to cut the mustard. A pity.