Top 10 Feature Requests

My top requests:

1. Support of individual track ratings (0 to 5 stars) ! (now only for albums)
  2. More extensive metadata import (individual tags are ignored)
  3. Metadata editing more detailed (like JRiver)
  4. Better metadata for classical collections
  5. Light subscription (cheaper fee: leave away reviews etc.)
  6. Leaner tree (less clicks needed to reach a certain song)
  7. Easier access to Hires music (instead of focus filter)
  8. Roon developers should read such request lists and ponder over them.
4 Likes

we do, twice a week

4 Likes

Top 5 Top 10 feature request threads. Go.

#meta

1 Like

After years as a ‘lifetime’ subscriber there are still a few areas mainly as someone listening most to classical music:

• having purchased a disc at full price the cover is often replaced with the cover of a budget edition
  • reviews of locally stored discs: their is no need to describe a performance - anonymously- as absolute rubbish
  • focus on ‘similar’ gives some odd choices
  • with 1000+ albums it is difficult to remember what you have in your collection resulting in albums never selected - so a ‘random’ album pick could be a ‘good idea’.

I agree with a lot of the suggestions. Me personally, I’d love to have a “VISITOR” feature. Please let me know if this is already available or if there is a way to implement this.

Here’s my scenario.

My Roon Core runs on a desktop computer that I never switch off, accessing songs stored in a Synology NAS. Both devices are wired to Ethernet ports of a WiFi router. I have just one Endpoint. It is in another room but wired to the same router. The Control App runs on an iPad, connected via WiFi to the same router. I do not use Tidal nor Qobuz.

Friends who visit sometimes hand me their USB thumb drives. Various songs are in them that they’d like to hear. Naturally, I will return those drives when they leave.

What I’d like is to simply plug the thumb drive into the computer that runs the Core and have the Control App display its contents as “VISITOR” or *“TEMPORARY.” No fetching of meta data and no importing to library. Just a quick and basic scan so that the Control App shows only the songs in the drive, not documents nor photos. Then I can simply tap on a song and Roon plays it.

Before my friend leaves, I can use the Control App to properly eject the thumb drive from the Core computer. Then I unplug it and give it back. And if I check the Roon “history,” songs played from the ejected thumb drive are marked “unavailable.”

It’s just like car stereos. Most of them have USB ports. Plug in a thumb drive with songs and the radio will play its contents. Again, please let me know if this feature is already available or if there is a way to implement this. If not, I think this would be a great feature for Roon to have.

I can’t think of any way of preventing Roon from fetching meta data but if you have everyone give their thumb drives the same name you can specify that Roon watch for particular folder. I’ve just tested this with an SD card as follows:

If I change the name I get the following:

I know that’s not quite what you’re looking for, but it might simplify things. You could also add a bookmark for the specific location.

1 Like

I also out my list, some of the request I have done already somewhere else…

1. Shuffle Album (just like the good old CD changer did) out of any category… Choose any number of albums and just shuffle them album wise and not track wise…
  2. Roon mobile for Android: fully integrated in the roon universe with file synchronization (select files or albums in home roon and synch with connected device, choose quality of files to be synched). Just a real adult solution…
  3. SACD ISO support…
  4. Edit album and artist description. Makes me crazy I cannot add a text at Album or artist description and if not edit, at least let me choose to use roon default or make my own…
  5. Podcast support (in home and roon mobile) team up with pocket casts if possible…
  6. Bios and reviews in other languages…
  7. Better integration of audio books. I would like to see a complete different section, as there already is with qobuz or tidal, just separate them visually. (I know by genre tags, filters and focus this is already there somehow…
  8. Open up for theme programmers… Even so I like the look and feel very much, within the crowd there are so many people with incredible ideas… Let them play…

I think that’s so far.

1 Like
  • SACD ISO support
  • Folder Playing
  • Metadata editing
  • Metadata for Classical collections

All fantastic suggestions. I am particularly looking forward to the Roon Mobility Scooter!

For me, I’d just like volume up and down buttons accessible on the main screen without clicking the speaker icon. And of course Tidal Playlist sync if possible.

• iPad Portrait mode
  • Roon mobile
2 Likes

Roon Mobile
Discogs metadata integration
Customisable font/size
Speedier search results

2 Likes

I hope SACD ISO support will be added this year.
We are asking this feature since 2015.

1. Roon Mobile

2. A pass-thru solution for streamers that fail to work well with certain DACs, e.g., McIntosh DACs. Provide a protocol in the Roon Ready spec that requires the streamer to pass through a Native DSD stream, if possible. Roon would enable to user to specify the DAC in the streamer device setup. If the streamer limits the flow of native DSD to the DAC, Roon would provide the proper stream to the DAC passed through the streamer according to a pass through protocol in the Roon Ready spec. In other words, Roon would provide a stream similar to a Windows PC to the DAC, overcoming any limitation created by the streamer. Just a thought. It would sure be valuable to me and other McIntosh users. Not sure if its doable, but why not try?

You sir have some very interesting ideas!

1 Like

More Streaming services would be good like Soundcloud and Mixcloud

2 Likes

Oh and another one Phillips Hue within The core would be Good Or within the Remote App to control lights in Different zones

Did i already mention Box Set handling

Ie individual disc naming and artwork, an overall Box artwork and inserts

Bit like a Tag per box would be nice , but showing up as an album

Its just another object ?

1 Like

Another thought , there is much discourse on alternative streaming services

To give each one the full Roon treatment is unrealistic maybe

I have used Primephonic and Idagio in the past where i play on an ipad and cast to my streamer via airplay. How about some mechanism to recieve say Airplay such that all the smaller streaming services can be directed via Roon to whatever zones you have in at least CD quailty

1. Roon Mobile with CarPlay integration
5 Likes

Password protect write access for the Rock/Nucleus /Storage directory to prevent vulnerabilities and/or “accidents”, and make Guest read only.

Perhaps a toggle switch on the Web Administration Interface: “make storage read-only” would be a step in the right direction?