Top 10 Feature Requests

The share can be made read-only?

Are you talking ROCK / Roon OS?

I would assume so as other platforms are capable of making folders and contents read only - assume roon supports this level of permissions restrictions. Think I use similar settings on my NAS for roon SMB drive access.

Bandcamp support would be nice.

2 Likes

No, talking about the Rock/Nucleus /Storage directory only.

That’s what I meant, understand now where you’re coming from.

This is my list:

1. Roon Mobile (not essential but nice to have).
  2. Spotify (great to have but not within Roon’s control).
  3. A ‘Home’ button to get straight back to Overview (or user defined location: Albums, Qobuz, etc.).
  4. A list of the items being removed from the library cleanup rather than just the total number of items.
  5. Backup to OneDrive (I have this setup manually but it’d be nice to have the option directly like Dropbox).
  6. Make the Roon profiles split between separate ‘Admin’ and ‘Users’ roles. That is, make sure that a normal user/profile can’t delete or amend data. That’s whats preventing me from adding my children as users (not that they would do anything bad deliberately).
  7. Roon user submitted reviews (would be cool but I imagine a nightmare to administer).

As an aside I really like the Qobuz and Tidal integrations. They work really well for me and although I would like Spotify integrated too (along with other music services) I would hate for the Roon interface to become bloated. Maybe have an option to only have two external services on the main interface (like now) and any other services hidden behind a menu?

Also the real main thing for me is for Roon to stay in business in the long term…

And sorry but I like the iPad landscape mode and horizontal scrolling. Don’t hate me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Metadata collection based upon SHNID from db.etree.org

As in my original thread, a heads up that some are marketing “Nucleus substitutes” with custom Linux OS’s and dual Ethernet ports as being able to drive streamers direct. The ability to bridge Ethernet ports and drive a streamer direct would be a great addition to Nucleus and ROCK capabilities.

1. Apple Watch app with playback and volume control for currently playing zone. Or at least allow volume control of current zone from physical buttons of the remote device.
  2. Extend library functions like focus and discovery to the entire Tidal library not just to user’s library
  3. Add more review sources than just Allmusic. Or allow users to bring in reviews. Or alt least allow to start a google search on artist name or album title from within roon.
  4. Complex search by user defined criteria
    That would do

Play / Replace queue.

Heck, scrap the entire queue control and steal / copy Sonos’.

Much, much more intuitive.

I’m stll fighting to learn Roon. It’s the future, but it’s broken!

I’ve moved off of Sonos mostly, if you have any specific questions, start a new thread and tag me. Sonos of course is limited on hi-res. I think Roon architecture taxes your network more. I had problems with dropouts early on but moved to mesh network (eero), not just for Roon, but that made my Roon nearly bulletproof (where problems come more from external from my house).

I have argued for mobile for years, wasn’t going to repeat myself.
But I’m currently on a two month trip around Europe, AND I HAVE NO ROON.

So whether I don’t have track level metadata, or don’t have horizontal scrolling, or don’t have box sets, or don’t have folder browsing — I don’t have nothing!

Mobile is number 1 and there is no number 2.

3 Likes

I had another idea that would go well with this feature request but really is an independent feature:

Add a link in album view to the Roon community forum where the user will be directed to a thread specific to that album for commentary between Roonies.

2 Likes

It would be interesting to read the list of feature requests that Roon has already executed. :smiley:

1 Like

Roon Road Map
Roon Mobile or Roon on the go
Profile Management

Search-by-humming.
Hum a few bars into a Siri remote (or Alexa, or the thermostat), then Roon finds the best version of that tune and plays it.

1 Like

Ability to store convolution filters on the nucleus and access them.

You should be able to do this? I keep mine (as a Acourate .zip file) on my Nuc in the Codecs folder of the M.2 drive.

How do you select it? It seems to me you can only select a convolution file using the Mac in my system in which case it’s looking for a file on the Mac and doesn’t allow you to browse to the nucleus or am I doing something wrong here?