Tracks don't start playing from Tidal without pressing pause and play (Chromecast Audio) [Resolved - B778]

I have the exact same problems.

Thanks, @Jonas_Soderlund!

That was the trick.

Just to ask again, the video versions of Chromecast don’t have this problem?

1 Like

This seems to have resolved itself for me in the last 12 hours. Anyone else also seeing that it seems fixed?

Detail:
Last night I submitted a support ticket via email for this same issue. I received a quick reply suggesting to start a new thread in this forum. As I was filling out the detail I was playing music to ensure I got the behavior correct in my post - and it was no longer a problem. I’m not using the DSP solution described above - it just seems that in the last 12 hours since emailing roon this is now resolved for me.

From a brief test, it does seem that the issue might have gone. Would like to see what others think.

I am still getting a pause of a second or two at the start of tracks though, so the music looks like it is playing but it doesn’t sound for a second. Annoying.

I am still experiencing the stop between tracks on Chromecast Audio. I am using the @Jonas_Soderlund hack to work around the issue, I disabled that hack to test based on your feedback but I am still getting stops.

I had the same playback stopping issue when advancing from one bit depth/sample rate to another with Apple TV (Gen 1) via Airplay (hardwired) and as of yesterday, the issue appears to be resolved which made me optimistic to try my Google Chromecast Audio again.

What are others experiencing? Maybe I need to do a power cycle on the Chromecast Audio?

Out of curiosity, what type of Wifi network are you using with your Chromecast Audio? I’ve been dealing with a major Wifi issue with my Google Nest Wifi Mesh network and I am wondering if that is related. Details about that issue here: https://support.google.com/googlenest/thread/35111427?hl=en

UPDATE: I did restart my Chromecast Audio and I updated to the latest Roon 1.7 (Build 710) which was just released. These actions did not help. The only way to get local tracks to play or TIDAL tracks is to press pause and then play on each track or utilize Jonas’ DSP hack by forcing sample rate conversion.

I’ve switched to Ubiquiti Unifi system and moved entirely away from mesh. If you have the ability to run wires to access points this is much preferred. Also the Ubiquiti software is great for helping to identify/troubleshoot problems, especially channel interference from neighbors. My roon core is wired to a switch that is connected to access points throughout the house.

But I was experiencing the play/pause issue even with a robust network - and no Network changes (or even resets) between when it wasn’t working and now.

Been playing music for two hours now. Knock on wood, but it just might have sorted itself out.
Later I’m gonna try on my second system as well. That had even more tracks not playing.

I used the same hack and it seemed to help some, but not all. Most of the play/pause issues now seem to be MQA files selected by Roon Radio if that means anything :slight_smile:

Any update on this?

Up

I also suffer this.

CCA built into my Primare Pre35 now works 99% of the time.
My second system is System Audio Legend5 Silverback. It uses Stereo Hub made by Hansong. Apparently the hub comes with a few other active speaker brands as well. After latest update of Roon it also improved but not as much as the Primare. Airplay works before and after but in my systems doesn’t sound as good as CCA.

I haw the same problem.

WOW - this worked! Thank you for your diligence. I had opened a ticket with Roon Support, but despite sending them diags, no resolution.

Bravo to figuring out this workaround to what is obviously a serious Roon bug.

My ‘home’ uses a Raspberry Pi endpoint, but since Covid, I’ve been camped out in a place with only Google speakers. I was willing to live with this flaw here, but otherwise would have cancelled my subscription.

Again, fantastic, @Jonas_Soderlund!

1 Like

Hi Peter,

Thank you! I am glad it helped you to. :slight_smile:

Jonas

Hi, I might be slow, but where do I activate DSP and change the sample rate conversion?

I can see the device set up and MQA capabilities and have verified those according to the tips above, but I am struggling to find the DSP…

Thx,
Roar

Hi Roar!

Inside player at right bottom there is a volume icon. On top of volume bar that pops up you find some buttons and one of them is DSP. You need to activate it for every device if you have more than one CCA.

Regards
Jonas

Thx. Found it! Have not tested much, but first impression is that it seems to have fixed the issue.

Thanks

Any official update on this issue. Noticed the problem is on 1.8 also

It doesn’t happen as often as before in my system. But I was hoping for a total fix.