Tracks Duplicating

Roon Core Machine

PC
ASUS PN50 Mini PC with Ryzen 5 4500U, 6C/6T 2.3-4.0GHz, 6 GPU Cores
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) 2666MHz DDR4 SODIMM Memory
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250GB M.2 NVMe SSD (3500/2300)
Samsung 870 EVO 250GB SSD Solid State Drive
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-bit patched uptodate

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Hyperoptic Router
Connected to Netgear managed switch
Wired connection to both PC and NAS (on the same switch)
NAS is a QNAP TS-473a running QTS Hero patched uptodate
8GB Memory
4 disks in RAID 10 plus 2 M2 Solid State used for read and write acceleration

Connected Audio Devices

USB connection to Chord QuTest
Naim Amplifier

Number of Tracks in Library

2445 Albums
25469 Tracks

Description of Issue

I’ve recently upgraded my NAS. Migrated the music library from old to new. Unistalled Roon and removed everything then reinstalled building a new core on the files on my new NAS.
My problem is that tracks are duplicating on import.
In Roon storage I have specified the network share and then the folder containing the music collection: The directory path on the NAS is \xxxxx\Recordings\Music\

When the collection is imported the Albums page looks fine with no duplicates.

When you select an album though I have 2 versions.

In this case the top one has the incorrect path to the album but the second is correct.
I get the same problem if I map a network drive in windows although I know the preferred setup is to use a Roon mapping.
The directory FlacCollection is the directory name I used to use old Qnap NAS. It no longer exists on any machine on my network. I’ve unistalled and reinstalled Roon many times and even searched and removed any reference to that directory left in registry (using regedit). On the uninstalls I’ve flagged the option to remove everything.
Any ideas on what I’m doing wrong?

Hope you can see the screen shots!

Hi Mike,

Fellow user here. The version currently marked Primary version is incorrect you said. If you hit play for a track on that Incorrect version, does it play or fail playing the track.

Hi, oddly it plays. In fact Roon is working just fine but I’m curious how the duplicate tracks are being created.

Hi Mike, the next thing to try is enter the incorrect path into the File Manager of the PC and see if it actually goes to that location. The easiest, way, is to go the album in question, go to a track, click the 3 dot menu, Choose View File Info, and in the top right there is a Copy File Path to Clipboard.

Paste that into the file manager and remove the actual track name, leaving only the path information. For example, my copy/paste gives me this

C:\Users\daniel\Music\LUX Refractions\loscil - LUX Refractions - 01 Refraction 1.flac

and then I remove the track title leaving me with this

C:\Users\daniel\Music\LUX Refractions\

Then see if you can go to that location.

Hi

Thank you. I’d not thought of that. Yes it does find that file location.

I’ll investigate that.

Many Thanks
Mike

Hi

I think I’ve posted this problem on the wrong forum. Looks like a Qnap issue. The whole library is duplicated but the ‘FlacCollection’ folder is hidden to windows file explorer.

I’ve got everything backed up on my old Qnap and on another PC so I’m going to risk deleting the folder.

Cheers
Mike

Thankyou so much. Fixed!

I wish I had thought of that - I used to work in IT…

Cheers
Mike

Great! Enjoy the music!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.