"Tracks" views hang forever when using a specific tag

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel NUC7I5BNH, ROCK,
Roon Server: Version 1.7 (build 537) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Switch: On ethernet, NetGear GS105E switches, Technicolor TC7210 router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Resolution Audio Cantata via USB.

Description Of Issue

Dear @Support,

Since a few days(s?), some track based views hang endlessly (showing Roon hourglass) without showing results. I’m running the latest client and server software immediately since its official release date, problem occurs on both Windows client and iPad app. It has been working on these builds without problems. Total number of tracks in my library: ~60k

I tried rebooting the NUC, restarting Roon Server and even restoring a backup.

It looks like that all “Tracks” views fail as soon as I use my own track-level tag “5 Stars” containing ~1k tracks. This worked fine till some days ago, and e.g. my “4 Stars” tag with ~3k tracks also works fine.

Additionally, when in an album view, and then focus on the same “5 Stars” tag, the album view updates correctly.

Any idea?

Kind regards,
Gerard Burgstede

Hi @Gerard_Burgstede,

Did you recently add any tracks / albums to this Tag? If so, do you know what you added (and does removing them result in any change)?

Hi Dylan,

No, not that I recall. But I found a fix! Fortunately, the dedicated Tags view in the “My Stuff” menu did correctly show my “5 Stars” tagged tracks using the album cover instead of track list view. So, I selected them all and chose “Add to Tag…” with name “5 Stars New”. Then I deleted the original “5 Stars” tag and renamed the new tag back to “5 Stars”.

The track list views and focus then worked fine again!!! I only needed to redefine some bookmarks since I assume they internally use an tag-id instead of the display name of the tag.
No idea what happened, but glad my 1k favorites list is alive again :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
Gerard

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.