Transfer Tidal to Qobuz

Hi,
Thomas from Soundiiz. We are still working on matching improvement with Qobuz.
Also we have just released some matching fixes, you can try again and seeing if you have a better result.

Be aware that Qobuz US catalog is limited during this BETA and will grow up in the future.

4 Likes

Thanks for letting us know.

Tried it again here in Germany - better, still missing 24% though (but I got 53 more tracks than last time out of 656 tracks)

Great, it’s better ! We have just pushed another fix for track matching to Qobuz.
Now; if still have tracks not found, you have to take a look manually if these tracks are available in the Qobuz catalog (looking directly on Qobuz interface).

If yes, we are very interesting by some examples to improve our system.
Thank you for your help !

Transfer works better, thanx. Now found 499 from 673. Checked some missing tracks/atrists manually. Qobuz is missing some very basic stuff in the punkrock catalogue which could also not be found manually. Same with singer/Songwriter stuff.

1 Like

Hi there! Try not to forget that we actually are in BETA test for Qobuz USA. That explain why some albums are missing. But don’t worry, you’ll have them all soon, we’re working hard on it everyday, even in Europe. :slight_smile:
The Qobuz Team.

2 Likes

Thanks Thomas, actually Soundiiz was able to catch more tracks/albums in the Tidal–>Qobuz transfer, less than 5% were missed, not too bad
(out of a 600 album library, jazz/pop/soul/world and a tiny bit of classical)

1 Like

Can you characterize how, when Qobuz US emerges from beta, the US library will compare with, say, the Qobuz France library? 100% the same? 75% the same?

I just read that the launch happens on Valentine’s Day so I’ll be definitely doing another Soundliz batch then. Also give it another try today to see if the fix pulls in anymore.

One manual thing I did in roon was create a hires bookmark using focus and checked all the Tidal MQA albums to see if there was a real hires Qobuz version. For most part almost all we’e there even in beta. Randomly found a few hires albums that were not in MQA. Also every hires album I’ve heard sounds better than’s Tidal.

1 Like

I want to know how it will compare to the TIDAL library :slight_smile:

BOOM !
Same request from my side. I’m fully supporting this key request. A smooth transition to Qobuz would be great without loosing all the efforts I put in my collection! Please solve this.

It’s a big problem for me, how to migrate from Tidal to Qobuz if we can not keep playscounts of Albums?
Access to the play count has always been locked with Roon, which is an essential feature for me (Thanks LastFM)

I have some questions on this subject for anyone who has managed to move successfully from TIDAL to Qobuz with Roon.

I have quite a lot of playlists which were created in Roon (rather than in TIDAL) but which have tracks from TIDAL in them. What happens to these playlists when you switch to Qobuz and then shutdown TIDAL? Presumably they are stripped of all the TIDAL tracks? If so how easy is it to rebuild them? Are placeholders to the missing tracks retained, or are they lost completely?

1 Like

Interesting question, have you tested it out? I would be interested in what you find!

Just tested this and Tidal tracks are shown as unavailable, rather than removed or hidden.

1 Like

Just to confirm, you removed Tidal from your subscription and the songs remained in your Roon Playlists?

Can you go to a song then and swap a Qobuz one in? I don’t think “Versions” exists at the track level.

Correct, tracks remain flagged as unavailable

Also correct that cannot use versions function to replace a track; removal and replacement are done manually

1 Like

That may keep me in Tidal vs. Qobuz. I’m “locked in” (not really, but a little bit)

One workaround could be to export the Roon playlist to a m3u file, then import that into Soundiiz. From there you can sync it with Qobuz (in Soundiiz) and it will effectively stop the need to manually change each track.

I have a similar issue, and perhaps I missed it…

HOW DO YOU MIGRATE A ROON-CREATED (TIDAL CONTENT) PLAYLIST TO REFERENCE QOBUZ TRACKS?

My issue is that I started using the playlist feature of Roon. At the time it was referencing MQA or CD quality songs from Tidal. I still have Tidal but downgraded to lossy and have Qobuz as my HiRes service.

Any playlists created in Tidal were migrated appropriately (from Tidal MQA to Qobuz HiRes), but the playlists in Roon now reference old lossy Tidal and I don’t see the “versions” feature from within Roon to quickly update the reference to the Qobuz HiRes version of the song.

How can I update these playlists simply without needing to add/delete tracks one by one?

1 Like