Transfer Tidal to Qobuz

On a rainy afternoon, I manually went through my albums, clicking every Tidal selection looking for a Qobuz version. Was a drag, but it worked when I deleted my Tidal subscription, leaving the Q versions in the loop. Don’t know how to do it on a track by track by playlist option.

i hope they work on this… you shouldn’t have to do manual conversion. Of course doing this you lost all Roon playcounts for those songs and albums. This is not the reason not to switch but it is a bummer.

I don’t think you needed to do that Mike. Soundiiz should have done that part for you at the Album level, since any “add to library” would have “favorited” the album in Tidal. Then Soundiiz would take the tidal favorite and cross reference it to Qobuz.

The issue is that a Roon playlist does not create a Tidal playlist. So within Tidal there is nothing for Soundiiz to reference, and thus your Roon playlists are not converted. That’s PROBLEM 1.

Problem 2, is that unlike an album view in Roon, there is no “versions” button for a particular song in a particular playlist… so there is no quick way to re-link the reference to a new version.

1 Like

Oh, well, it is done. And if we luck into an Az integration, might do it again!

I use the SongShift app on my iPhone to copy albums from Tidal to Qobuz and vice-versa.

3 Likes

I created a related feature request here:

I know a great tool “MusConv” which lets you tranfer all your music from Tidal to Qobuz fast and easy.

I use SongShift (free) to copy my list of albums from one to the other.