Trinnov Roon update

It looks like the update enabling Roon on the Trinnov processors won’t be long coming.

Trinnov at Munich High End Show

I’d love to go to that demo.

When will Trinnov finally be roon ready ?!?

Hi Markus,

I moved your post here. You will need to contact the company to find out the status of their Roon Ready implementation.

Cheers, Greg

A couple of weeks apparently for the new software release

Hi Greg,

According to Trinnov they have passed the software weeks ago to roon in order to achieve the permission to publish. What is the current status? Thanks!

Hi Markus,

I’m not a Roon employee, so I don’t know. Maybe @support will have some information.

Cheers, Greg

You’ll have to check back with them. As a general rule, we let partners give out status updates until the integration is finished and announced.

As soon as we have news, you’ll know it :wink:

Still no news about Trinnov Roon Update? It seems to be at Roon for checking it since 5 weeks. What is so complicated?

Thanks!

According to Trinnov Support, it’s still in ‘Roon integration’ as of yesterday. Seems like it’s a rather protracted process.

Seriously? The whole process is very complicated, lengthy, and demanding of development and testing resources. No company gets it right the first time, and there there is a lot of back and forth. It is the reason why this is a special program, that ensures things are good on both ends. Making it “just work” isn’t good enough.

Plus you have to realize there are marketing reasons to delay launches too. Not saying that Trinov is doing that, but we’ve had partners hold up the release for 2+ months when it was 100% ready to go out, just to get marketing lined up.

This is what it looks like when businesses take responsibility for good product. This is what it takes to do it right.

At the moment, the ball is in their court, but they are doing really good. It’s very close!

1 Like

I understand this update has been released but I do not have access to my Altitude to check. Anyone got it?

Absolutly nothing, but for sure Trinnov will send you a message first

I contacted Trinnov support and they are pushing updates next week. You may have to schedule a time with them for your update.

How will it be done ? Remote via internet or Firmware on USB-Stick ?
Does some know?

As long as your unit is connected to the internet, Trinnov can access it (and control it) remotely. They did a firmware update for me recently on the new HDMI card. You need to be in touch with Trinnov support so they can be sure your unit will be on at a pre-arranged time and its associated amps turned off.

Trinnov support contacted me earlier to tell me that they have updated my Altitude to ‘Roon ready’. Can’t wait to try it later!

Curious to hear what your impressions are …

Yes would love to hear your experiences with the trInnov and roon

I’m considering the alitutude 16 when it is released. Hopefully they include roon readiness with that

Loving the Roon-Trinnov integration so far. As with my previous Meridian 861, the Trinnov automatically switches to the Roon input on the Altitude as soon as you elect to play music.

Sound quality wise, if my ears are not deceiving me, there is a little more detail than my previous source (Slim Devices Transporter). The great thing about the Altitude is that you can modify the target room curve until you like the sound and the room correction is so effective at taming wayward bass. Also, if you have an HT speaker set-up, you can play with different speaker layouts using the Auro-3D upmixing algorithms. I have to confess I haven’t played with these yet

The only negative is that I don’t like the slider volume control on the iOS app. The useful volume range is crammed into the last third of the slider range and it’s easy to nudge the volume a bit too far. The Meridian 861 had step volume control in the app which was far better.

Overall though, very impressed so far.

we are fixing this in a ui release in the near future.