Trouble connecting to Core

Core Machine:

WINDOWS 10 LAPTOP

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

VIDEOTRON HELIX ROUTER, WIFI CONNECTION BETWEEN CORE AND ROUTER.

THE PROBLEM: I WOULD LIKE TO USE MY OTHER LAPTOP (MACBOOK) AS «CONTROL». BUT IT DOES NOT FIND THE CORE. THEY ARE ON THE SAME NETWORK OF COURSE (MY MAC LAPTOP RUN VERY WELL ON THE NETWORK, EXCEPT FOR ROON). THANK YOU.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

Hi Jacques,

Not official support, just a friendly user with suggestions. Well, some things to try"

1. Verify that the MAC and the Windows PC are on the same network subnet by looking at their IP addresses. The first 3 sets of numbers should be the same; i.e. 192.168.0.x, “x” should be different numbers.

2. Try turning off any firewall/antivirus or VPN on the Mac and then see if you can see the Windows Core.

1 Like

Hello @Jacques_Hardy ,

Have you been able to connect to the Core properly or are you still having issues?

As @Rugby mentioned, I would check the IP to make sure that you are on the same subnet and that you have the proper firewall exceptions in place.

Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.