Trouble connecting to Roon after setting static IP and DNS (ref#62UGSN)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble connecting to Roon

Roon rock running on intel nuc. I had it connected to my linksys router with lan cable, setted it up with dhcp reservation (dns cloudfare setting).
As i had issue with live radio station, i asked it on the forum for solution. The solution should be giving my roon rock a static ip with another dns, so i gave my roon rock a static ip and another dns (8.8.8.8). My router sees the rock with new ip. I can login on the rock through the new ip, i rebooted the roon rock. But now i can’t login into the roon app on ipad or iphone.
Please help?

I haven’t seen this suggestion and the original cause for it but it seems a bit weird. Using an IP reservation in the DHCP and Cloudflare would result in essentially the same thing as setting a static IP on the ROCK and using Google DNS, provided that your DHCP isn’t messed up, with the slight difference just being the different DNS but there is no reason Cloudflare would not work. (And with the higher chance of messing things up with static addresses)

Now that you set a static IP, what is this IP on the ROCK, what is your automatic DHCP range, and what are the IP addresses that your iPad and iPhone are using? The mobiles won’t connect if they are not on the same subnet as the ROCK.

I’m presuming you can open the web admin page by using the ip address? If so, but rock.local doesn’t work, then that’s a result of changing the DNS off your local router.

1 Like

Hi,
I’ve re-checked my settings in the browser. I made a typo. Now I can login to my roon app.

Router 10.13.82.32
Roon rock 10.13.82.90 (static ip)
DHCP range starting at 10.13.82.100 (tablets, smartphones, NAS, streamers: 2x Flex2i and 1x Auralic Aries mini,…)
Same subnetmask for all 255.255.255.0

Forum post Roon Live Radio (VRT Radio 1 or VRT Studio Brussel) drops out every time - #20 by Marc_Loore
Streaming those radio sations directly through my BluOS app to my Flex2i no issue. Streaming the exact same radio stream urls through roon, no luck after setting up a static ip and google dns (instead of cloudflare). DNS on my router is still cloudflare.

I Will repost in the thread above.
Thanks

Make sure you finished the installation of your ROCK:

From your other thread:

When listening to Live Radio (VRT Radio 1 or VRT Studio Brussel) through a grouped zone (Bluesound Flex 2i and RPi3 with HAT) the stream always stops after a certain period (time independent).

Please be aware that there seems to be an ongoing issue with grouped zones involving BluOS devices that’s been worked on:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.