Trouble Connecting to Roon Server via iPad App (ref#S4P1KY)

Full form submission

What's happening with your Nucleus?

· Nucleus turns on, but I can't connect to it

Is the Nucleus showing up after pressing the Configure RoonOS button?

· Yes

Since your Nucleus shows up under Configure RoonOS devices on your network, the issue is most likely with the Roon remote.

·
In the Roon app, please try to click on "Select a different Roon Server" button, and see if you can reconnect to the Nucleus from the list.

Describe the issue

Using the iPad app, I attempted to connect to the Roon server and it just says "Looking for your Roon Server" and never returns back. Attempting to "Configure Roon OS..." shows the Roon but selecting it then shows it couldn't connect to the server. I then attempted to connect to the Roon server by typing its IP address in a browser. Again, it said it couldn't connect because the server stopped responding.

Try the following, power down router, nucleus & ipad then power up in the same order, no
guarantees but it has resolved this issue in the past.

If no success, can you access the Web Administration Interface of your Nucleus (use its IP address in a web browser). Your router’s DHCP record will have a list of the IP addresses of the devices on your network.

Alternatively, attach a monitor to the nucleus via the HDMI connector and post a screenshot of any messages displayed on the screen?

1 Like

PixelPopper,

Thank you for this suggestion, however, I have tried this procedure with the same results as before … no connectivity. I think my Nucleus has failed!

How do I go about requesting an RMA form?

Mike Wilde

Hi @Michael_Wilde1,
Thanks for writing in. Before we proceed with an RMA we’d like to confirm that this is a hardware-related issue. “Configure RoonOS…” should let you see the IP address of your nucleus. If you put that into a web browser can you navigate to the web interface?
Another thing to check is if you can SMB to the nucleus from Windows Explorer?
Lastly, if you plug the nucleus into a monitor with an HDMI cable what do you see?