Trouble loading TIDAL content in Roon

Same problem here in the last 2 or 3 days… since I updated to v1.8. Tidal is working from the tidal app but not from Roon.
Cannot load anything from Tidal except which are saved to my library.
Have tried rebooting, logged off/in, switching on/off network components. Nothing solved the problem.

Definately want solution or I cancel subscription.

My machine is Intel NUC 7i5 running Roon Rock.
On home screen I get suggestion on new musics but when I try to enter then I get “unathorized” message.

I’m a basic PC user. Not sure I can do the test you suggest. Does it mean, I have to install Roon Core on my PC? And, deinstall from the Qnap? I don’t think I should go there.

Actually I done that. Installed a fresh new roon core to a pc. Then connected to that (which involves unauthorizing Rock optimzed Roon Core)

Result?

Can never connect to my Rock Core again as I cannot reauthorize that core. Even when I completely uninstalled my pc core. Nice…
The most unreliable *** software I ever seen.

However on the pc core I got Tidal working as it should. Loads rising albums, can browse and play anything.
So not the network has the problem nor the remote app nor the 1.8build itself. It only produces several errors on ■■■■■■ operating systems like this linux based Rock or Qnap version.

I know that developing on pc is much more easier because I am also a software developer. But it’s a shame to see these horrible issues on a theoretically highligted and own developed platform as the Rock…

Still cannot connect to optimized core.

I made a new clean install on my NUC. It’s still bricked. Cannot enter to that fresh new core. I think the device is registered to the system and actually unauthorized because I made it yesterday unauthorized in order to test other roon core under windows.

Ok, and can you please make my account not to prohibit entering to my Rock based Roon Core? Until that I cannot do anything.

As I now attempted to enter again but it still times out.

Hey @Tamas_Szabo,

Your account looks great on our end. You should be able to use your existing license to log in on you ROCK. All you’ll be asked to do is deauthorize the previously active session. If you do so, you should be able to use the ROCK as your Core.

Please, let me know if that works :slight_smile:

Still doesn’t work. I created a new core on windows which I can connect to successfully. However when I try to connect to the Rock core then I get no unathorization offer but it keeps thinking on the below screen precisely for 100secs:

Actually these are the possible Cores I should connect to but I can connect only to TAMASLAPTOP Core:

And I can’t connect to Rock even from pc however it also sees that core too:

I’m actually trying to reinstall windows to nuc. Then maybe it will allow me to authorize/unauthorize that device. And hopefully it will help solving this problem and I after that I will be able to reinstall Rock.

But… the last thing I would do for playing audio is to install/uninstall/reinstall Operating Systems across different machines.

Update:
I installed win10 on NUC. Works properly. Asked to unauthorize core on laptop, said yes then I could enter the new core on NUC running win10.
Then I installed Roon Rock to that NUC but after that I still can’t connect to it.

I’m very confused…

I used Roon Rock previously on an Intel NUC 7i5 machine and worked well before 1.8 update. After that Tidal functions stopped working, the only albums could be played were the ones which were saved in my library. That was the inital problem.

However since that I tried to install an other core to a win10 notebook which worked flawlessly but prior to use I was asked to deauthorize my Rock core. After I cannot step back to that optimized core. It does not ask me to deauthorize the win10 core just spins the progress circle then times out.

I tried to install win10 also onto that Intel NUC machine. It was also working flawlessly and finally asked me to deauthorize previously used core on the notebook. I thought this solved the machine authorization problems.

However when I reinstalled Roon Rock to that NUC machine I could not enter it again. No any way to enter to my Core if it’s running on that machine under Roon Rock.

Sideinfo: Now I reinstalled win10 again just to have the opportunity to play music and I noticed one thing. In spite of having my other previos cores uninstalled from everywhere I still see them and their Audio Devices as Roon Endpoints under Audio tab of the settings. So… I think the backend somehow saves informations all of my previously installed cores.
I think if this settings would be cleared and completely purged from my account then I would be able to register a new core even under Roon Rock.

So please… purge all my roon core related informations from my account.
Please
Please
Please!

Thanks!

I used Roon Rock previously on an Intel NUC 7i5 machine and worked well before 1.8 update. After that Tidal functions stopped working, the only albums could be played were the ones which were saved in my library. That was the inital problem.

However since that I tried to install an other core to a win10 notebook which worked flawlessly but prior to use I was asked to deauthorize my Rock core. After I cannot step back to that optimized core. It does not ask me to deauthorize the win10 core just spins the progress circle then times out.

I tried to install win10 also onto that Intel NUC machine. It was also working flawlessly and finally asked me to deauthorize previously used core on the notebook. I thought this solved the machine authorization problems.

However when I reinstalled Roon Rock to that NUC machine I could not enter it again. No any way to enter to my Core if it’s running on that machine under Roon Rock.

Sideinfo: Now I reinstalled win10 again just to have the opportunity to play music and I noticed one thing. In spite of having my other previos cores uninstalled from everywhere I still see them and their Audio Devices as Roon Endpoints under Audio tab of the settings. So… I think the backend somehow saves informations all of my previously installed cores.
I think if this settings would be cleared and completely purged from my account then I would be able to register a new core even under Roon Rock.

Please
Please
Please!

Thanks!

Sideinfo:
Now I reinstalled win10 again just to have the opportunity to play music and I noticed one thing. In spite of having my other previos cores uninstalled from everywhere I still see them and their Audio Devices as Roon Endpoints under Audio tab of the settings. So… I think the backend somehow saves informations all of my previously installed cores.

Thanks!

And the support is really slow. (is it the bonus for the yearly subscription?) I created the below entry to another topic but nothing response since 11hours. I think you should rollback the 1.7version then test the new version correctly on every platform before release.

Sideinfo:
Now I reinstalled win10 again just to have the opportunity to play music and I noticed one thing. In spite of having my other previos cores uninstalled from everywhere I still see them and their Audio Devices as Roon Endpoints under Audio tab of the settings. So… I think the backend somehow saves informations all of my previously installed cores.

Thanks!

Hi @Tamas_Szabo ,

I’ve merged your posts back into the original thread, please keep any new information in this thread as we prefer to have one user per thread to troubleshoot in a more organized fashion.

Can you please use these instructions to send me a copy of your ROCK database logs for review? I would like to see if there are any specific error messages contained in them (to claify these logs should be from ROCK/Data/RoonServer/Logs, not your Desktop %appdata% folder).

Please upload these logs when you have a chance and we can proceed from there, thanks!

2 Likes

There’s no any data. I installed win10 to my NUC.
I can make a clean install of ROCK again but will it help you? Will be any logs there if I try to enter that core?

And I would keep any new information in one topic if you could remove the last 3 post limit from users.

I was to quick… Tomas do you maybe know if you have ipv6 enabled from your operator? Maybe tray to disable ipv6 if you can… I disabled ipv6 globally on my router and it is working now but this is just workaround…

I reinstalled Rock again, now for third time. Every step was done the same way as before but this time when I tried to enter it asked to unauthorize previously used core, and -wait for it-… yeah it actually successfully entered. Also tidal is working flawlessly. Now I see not only my saved albums but I can even search for new ones.
Nothing were done to switch or router on anything else. Maybe support guys fixed something at the backend.
Thanks! These were very long 3days!

1 Like