Trouble with import of AIFF files

Hey @mike

I am still having the same issue with AIFF files. Roon won’t import them. I cannot believe this was discussed 4 years ago.
Thanks

Hi @linjagu,

Is every AIFF file in your library not importing or only some?

First, I’d like to point out some documentation we have that may be helpful here. In our KB we have an article about Skipped Files and an article about why some files might be missing from Roon .

If you go to Settings > Library > Skipped Files do you see any of your missing files there?

I’d like to recommend looking at a couple of specific examples of tracks that did not get imported into Roon. Are they showing up in Skipped Files? If it looks like they should be importing, let me know! Screenshots of these files in their storage location would be helpful for discovering what may be happening.

Hi @dylan,

I’ve checked skipped files and it says format not supported. What type of files are not supported? I’ve PM’d @mike with sample file.

Thanks

Thanks, @linjagu. I’ve confirmed with Mike that the files were received and that the technical team is looking into this. I’ll be sure to follow up once they’ve completed their investigation into the files that you sent.

Hi @linjagu,

I spoke with the technical team about this. They’ve let us know that they’ve reproduced the issue you’re seeing and have opened a ticket with our development team. They’ve confirmed that this isn’t an issue with all AIFF files, but the ones you’ve sent do seem to be causing a problem. The team will be doing some additional investigation into the specifics of why these files aren’t working like others.

I can’t say for sure when a change will be made here, but we’ll be sure to keep you updated. In the meantime it may be worth trying to convert these files to a different format and see if that allows you to import them into Roon.

Thank you @dylan

Looking forward for the fix

Hello @dylan,

Were you able to fix the problem?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.